Open PDF from seadrive acces denied

Several of our users (including me) cant open pdf files with acrobat reader DC (version 2019) when using seadrive client.

Step to reproduce the issue:

• Navigate to a shared with group folders
  • Open PDF file

Acrobat reader wont open the file and show the following message :

• No access to this file.
    I have Read/Write access.

When i copy the file from seadrive to my desktop then open it normally it works fine but it requires one more step.

thanks in advance.

Can you post your seadrive.log? You can find the log files by right clicking the seadrive icon in the system notification area -> open log folder.

Hello. Thanks for your concern.
I didnt find any information on seadrive log regarding the pdf opening (no error at all) but i find a solution.

It seems Seadrive is not working well with the Acrobat reader protected mode activated by default in the new versions.
When i desactivated it, it works well.
Just go in options > Protection (enforced) and desactivate all protection.

I thinks this topic can be closed.

Disabling protected mode is not recommended. It makes it easier to exploit your computer when opening PDF files, because Adobe Reader won’t use a Sandbox.

That’s really nice. But our company fighting seadrive problem with PDF for almost 2 f***ing years and my patience is far away. PDF and EML files are endless story here …

SeaDrive is still far away from being production ready.

Version 1 has been released only 4 month ago.

Adobe describes security options for pdf reader here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AppSec/sandboxprotections.html
We’ve tested various combinations of protected mode, protected view and run in appcontainer. We found that as long as “Run in AppContainer” is not checked, files in SeaDrive can be accessed. As said in the documentation, AppContainer is just an extra security layer provided by the OS. Adobe provides sandbox with protected mode/view enabled.

I think AppContainer is somehow incompatible with Dokany technology, due to the isolation of resources. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/secauthz/appcontainer-isolation

Hello everybody,

I think I have the same issue. Disabling protected mode, protected view and run in appcontainer options does not solve the problem. I have the german language installed for SeaDrive version 1.0.8. The failure message varies. Any of these appear alternately:
Fehler beim Öffnen des Dokuments. Der Pfad ist nicht vorhanden.
or
Beim Öffnen dieses Dokuments ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Zugriff verweigert.
Translated:
Error while opening the document. The path does not exist.
respectively
An error occurred while opening this document. Access denied.

Copying the PDF file on the desktop out of the SeaDrive Folder works.

Pardon me, but is there a reason you are not running the current version of SeaDrive?

Unbenannt

Thank you mercury!
Actually I tested SeaDrive Version by right-clicking on the SeaDrive icon and choosing info. There I clicked on the button which allows to test whether there are newer versions available. Apparently (see attached figure) I “had” the newest version. Mystery solved.

PDF opening issue is resolved with the 2.0.2 beta version. But I had to disable “run in appcontainer”.