just wanted to share a little case to perhaps warn others, or maybe - if even technically possible - trigger a bugfix.
For a couple of months, Seafile client on my PC (community edtion, version 7, Linux) was unusable. The seaf-daemon process would consume all the available CPU and memory on my system and hog everything down to a standstill.
After some investigation, I figured that the problem was with a recursive symbolic link in one of my synchronized libraries (node_modules/~root -> …). Since I have removed this directory from the library, everything is sailing smoothly again.
I’m not sure if seafile-client can even detect such a case and work around it, but it would be nice if it could, of course.