Refuse to start server

I hava a seafile server 10.0.15 running with ceph rados backend, and I am trying upgrade it to 11.0.6. So I process like:

1. Stop 10.0.15 container
  2. Start 11.0.6 container with same docker configurations

But when the new container start, the log shows error like seafile-session.c(248): Commits, fs and blocks should use different buckets or pools. Refuse to start server.

I double checked seafile.conf, like this:

[fileserver]
port = 8082
use_go_fileserver = true
max_indexing_threads = 64
max_sync_file_count = 1048576

[notification]
enabled = false
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 8083
log_level = info
jwt_private_key = 

[database]
type = mysql
host =
port = 
user = 
password = 
db_name = seafile_db
connection_charset = utf8

[slow_log]
# default to true
enable_slow_log = true
# the unit of all slow log thresholds is millisecond.

# default to 5000 milliseconds, only RPC queries processed for longer than 5000 milliseconds will be logged.
rpc_slow_threshold = 5000

[memcached]
memcached_options = --SERVER=svc-memcached --POOL-MIN=10 --POOL-MAX=100

[block_backend]
name = ceph
ceph_config = /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
# Sepcify Ceph user for Seafile here
ceph_client_id = seafile
pool = seafile-blocks

[commit_object_backend]
name = ceph
ceph_client_id = seafile
pool = seafile-commits

[fs_object_backend]
name = ceph
ceph_client_id = seafile
pool = seafile-fs

And a full failed startup log:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/01_create_data_links.sh...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 25
*** Running /scripts/enterpoint.sh...
2024-05-23 15:29:14 Nginx ready 
2024-05-23 15:29:14 This is an idle script (infinite loop) to keep container running. 
[2024-05-23 15:29:15] Skip running setup-seafile-mysql.py because there is existing seafile-data folder.
[2024-05-23 15:29:15] Running scripts /opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-11.0.6/upgrade/upgrade_10.0_11.0.sh
[05/23/2024 15:29:15][upgrade]: Running script /opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-11.0.6/upgrade/upgrade_10.0_11.0.sh

-------------------------------------------------------------
This script would upgrade your seafile server from 10.0 to 11.0
Press [ENTER] to contiune
-------------------------------------------------------------

Updating seafile/seahub database ...

[INFO] You are using MySQL
[INFO] updating seahub database...
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1050, "Table 'sdoc_notification' already exists")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF NOT EXISTS `share_uploadlinkshare_expire_date` (`expire_date`)' at line 1")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF NOT EXISTS `dns_txt` varchar(64) NULL' at line 1")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF NOT EXISTS `domain_verified` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0' at line 1")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF NOT EXISTS `org_saml_config_domain_verified_398065b9` (`domain_verified`)' at line 1")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF NOT EXISTS `idp_certificate` longtext DEFAULT NULL' at line 1")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1054, "Unknown column 'domain_verified' in 'where clause'")
[INFO] updating seafevents database...
Done

migrating avatars ...

Done

updating /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest symbolic link to /opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-11.0.6 ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Upgraded your seafile server successfully.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

** Message: 15:29:15.280: seafile-controller.c(877): loading seafdav config from /opt/seafile/conf/seafdav.conf

failed to run "seaf-server -t" [65280]
2024-05-23 15:29:15 seafile-session.c(248): Commits, fs and blocks should use different buckets or pools. Refuse to start server.
Error: failed to create ccnet session
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/scripts/start.py", line 95, in <module>
    main()
  File "/scripts/start.py", line 80, in main
    call('{} start'.format(get_script('seafile.sh')))
  File "/scripts/utils.py", line 70, in call
    return subprocess.check_call(*a, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/subprocess.py", line 369, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-11.0.6/seafile.sh start' returned non-zero exit status 1.

I didnot find any problem with configuration files base on the manual document, please help check why seafile alway conplain about backend blocks

Thanks for reporting the issue. This is a bug for Ceph backend. It will be fixed in the next release.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for confirmation of this issue, waitting for the new release.

Hello,
I have the exact same issue when I attempt to set it up with swift.