We’re pleased to announce that SeaDrive 2.0.2 is available. This version fixes most major issues reported by early users for previous versions. Although we still mark it as “beta”, it’s ready for daily usage. If no major issues are reported, we’ll mark it production ready. Both Windows and Mac versions are available for download on seafile website.
User documentation can be found here: https://download.seafile.com/published/seafile-user-manual/drive_client/drive_client_2.0_for_windows_10.md
A short change log:
- [Mac] Support syncing encrypted libraries
- [Win] Support change cache location
- [Win] Improve account switching behaviors
- [Win] Other bug fixes
The most obvious changes from 2.0.1:
- We switch back to WiX for packaging, which is more flexible. The previously installed 2.0.1 will not be automatically uninstalled when installing 2.0.2. Since SeaDrive 2.0 is an msi package, which is different from 1.0.x (.exe format), it’s not possible to automatically remove 1.0.x version when installing 2.0. We’ll investigate ways to auto remove 1.0.x version in future releases.
- The virtual drive will not be unmount when exiting SeaDrive or switching to another Seafile account (if you logged into multiple Seafile accounts). This is to prevent Windows from removing the placeholder files under the virtual drive, which can cause unwanted removal of files. This behavior is similar to OneDrive. You can still see the placeholder files even if you exit OneDrive. But you cannot open an uncached file.