Seaf-fuse.sh not working inside container

I am trying to attach a local filesystem and expose it via seafile in read only mode.
Fuse would in principle do the trick, but I bump into:

root@558682e1c8da:/opt/seafile# /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seaf-fuse.sh start -o uid=999 /mydir
Starting seaf-fuse, please wait …
fuse: device not found, try ‘modprobe fuse’ first
Failed to start seaf-fuse

I have tried with on docker images seafileltd/seafile-mc:7.0.3 and seafileltd/seafile:6.3.4

Any idea on how to make it to work?

in order to make /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/bin/seaf-fuse to run i had to:

ln -s /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/libevent-2.0.so.5 /usr/lib/libevent-2.0.so.5
ln -s /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/libfuse.so.2 /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2
ln -s /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/libmariadb.so.3 /usr/lib/libmariadb.so.3
ln -s /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/libssl.so.10 /usr/lib/libssl.so.10
ln -s /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/libcrypto.so.10 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.10
ln -s /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/libpq.so.5 /usr/lib/libpq.so.5

i still bump into:
root@8c3ac6eca381:/opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/bin# ./seaf-fuse
Failed to init log.

and:
root@8c3ac6eca381:/opt/seafile# /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seaf-fuse.sh start -o uid=999 /mydir
fuse: device not found, try ‘modprobe fuse’ first

if i remove /mydir i get:
root@8c3ac6eca381:/opt/seafile#/opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seaf-fuse.sh start -o uid=999 /mydir
fuse: bad mount point `/mydir’: No such file or directory

Found out the solution. start the container in privileged mode (no need to create the soft links)

seafile:
    image: seafileltd/seafile-mc:7.0.3
    container_name: seafiles
    privileged: true
    restart: always

however, this is not optimal, any way to avoid this?

@michimau Did you find a lasting solution to this?

@michimau @notflip
Any update on this? I don’t want to run this container in privileged mode. Can you use a different more generic FUSE to read the blocks?