Seafevents.conf in community edition

As a Seafile Community Edition user, I haven’t had a seafevents.conf file until now - reading about it makes it look like it is only required in the Professional Edition.

However the 9.0.x general upgrade notes state that I should add some lines concerning to seafevents.conf. Is this required in Community Edition?

Aren’t all those comments regarding Elastic Search in the Pro version? I don’t believe CE includes ES.

By the way, where did you find seafevents.conf in your CE Server?

Aren’t all those comments regarding Elastic Search in the Pro version? I don’t believe CE includes ES.

Oh, that would be interesting to know… I was a bit surprised about the fact that some integrated elastic search instance was supposed to be running, but well, could be…

By the way, where did you find seafevents.conf in your CE Server?

I didn’t!

If elastic search is only relevant to the Pro Edition, it’d be good to mention this in the release notes accordingly. I’ll file an issue.

Done: Clarify that ElasticSearch is only relevant in Pro Edition in upgrade-to-9.0.x docs · Issue #2561 · haiwen/seafile · GitHub

There is a table comparing features here. I think Elastic Search is covered under the item “Full text file search”.

The subject does come up here from time to time. For example, this post addresses basic search vs full text. There are others if you care to look.

1 Like