Seafevents sending E-Mail Error (Other Mail Notifications are OK)

Hi there,

aber upgrading from Seafile 10.0.1 to Seafile 11.0.5, I am constantly getting the following Error Messages from seafevents.
other mail events like sending password reset ord registrarion mail ist working well.
Any Idea what could be the cause?

[2024-02-05 09:45:13,365] [ERROR] send file updates email error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/proc/155/fd/file_updates_sender.log'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/seafile/seafile-server-11.0.5/pro/python/seafevents/tasks/file_updates_sender.py", line 54, in run
    with open(self._logfile, 'a') as fp:
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/proc/155/fd/file_updates_sender.log'

My Config is set as following:

[DATABASE]
password = ...
type = mysql
host = mariadb
port = 3306
username = ...
name = seahub_db

[SEAHUB EMAIL]
interval = 1440m
enabled = False

## interval of sending Seahub email. Can be s(seconds), m(minutes), h(hours), d(days)

# Enable statistics
[STATISTICS]
enabled = False

[INDEX FILES] 
 enabled = False 
 interval = 1440m 
 seafesdir = /home/seafile/pro-data

Do you use Seafile Docker version or a native package?

Your question led me to the right solution.

I figured out that the error had something to do with the " file_updates_sender.log"
My Seafile Instance runs in a Kubernetes Environment. To make all logs send to an external log server, i’ve linked all logs to /dev/stdout.

But it seems that the file_updates_sender.py script requires the log for some purpose. This behavior is something I did not expect due to logs should only be processed in one direction in normal production mode (write it and leave it for a certain amount of time).

Finally I’ve created regular logfiles instead of linking to stdout.