Seafile 9.0.5 pro high cpu

@shoeper @daniel.pan

I have 3 companies all on 9.0.5 , server has high cpu . 50 users approx per company on 4cpu 16 gb ram

the syncing is very slow as a result, one of the clients they are down completely i just switched them over from their old server explaining how seafile is so great now im rather embarrassed by this situation

I am running drive client 2.21 and server pro 9.0.5

Hi,

You can send support questions to support@seafile.com

This isnt a forum? If anyone want to solve this problem send messege to you?

There are many issues can cause high cpu. It may not be Seafile problem. It requires some time to analyse the problem.

If you are using a paid pro edition, we can help you analyse the problem, which requires you to send email to support@seafile.com and the license information.

thank you @daniel.pan I disabled GO File server and the issue went away its back to using very little cpu. If anyone else has this issue make sure you dont have GO file server enabled in seafile.conf

1 Like

@melbruki Can you send fileserver.log on your server to support@seafile.com for our analysis?

ive just sent it over

@melbruki thank you for the logs. From the log, your issue may be related to this bug: Go fileserver breaks sub folder sharing with Seadrive - #2 by feiniks . The client fails to update a shared folder so that it retries it continuously. 9.0.6 Pro will fix the issue.

Ok thank you

I encounter a similar problem with Seafile Server Professional Edition 9.0.9: CPU load is close to 100% and the process fileserver is causing the load.

This is the fileserver.log:

Two comments on the log file:
1.) The Seafile Server was updated to version 9 on October 10.
2.) Restarts didn’t get us anywhere.

Did you also activate the go fileserver?

Absolutely. (Unless the Go fileserver is enabled, there is not log file fileserver.log.)

ok, just wanted to make sure that this is not also a bug that affects the old fileserver as well

Hello, when the cpu load is up to 100%, can you use go fileserver’s performance analysis API to get the cpu profile? You can enable the profile function by this document: seafile.conf - Seafile Admin Manual.

Will do beginning of next week.

Just this: In this post, you said that there was a bug with the merge algorithm.

Is it possible that this bug hasn’t been completely fixed? The error message in my case is very similar to that of Dani in the linked thread.

Hello, your error message may be caused by the fact that go fileserver allows the same repo to be merged multiple times at the same time. We have fixed this issue in version 9.1.10.

If I had known that 9.0.10 contains some improvements to the Go fileserver, I could have checked this right away. But the changelog doesn’t mention any work on the fileserver. I’ll test and report back.