Seafile CE 7.0.0 is ready for testing!

The new features include:

• Upgraded Web UI with React framework. The look and feel of the new UI is much better.
  • Improved Markdown editor
  • Add columns view mode (tree view like in the Windows Explorer)
  • Add context menu to manipulate files
  • Move files via drag and drop
  • Redesigned file tags
7 Likes

Is the possibility to make anonymous editing links included? It’s an important missing feature, and it’s now in the professional edition, isn’t it?

1 Like

For what situation would I need anonymous edits? Sounds interesting

The much much more important question is: Is a file search included? :wink:

6 Likes

You beat me to it rdb! I was just coming in here to check on that.

Hey @daniel.pan, when we can we expect a basic file search to be included in CE?

5 Likes

So I tried to do the upgrade, and Seahub is bombing with:

[cloud@main seafile-server-latest]$ ./seahub.sh start-fastcgi

LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
Starting seahub (fastcgi) at 127.0.0.1:8000 ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/manage.py", line 10, in <module>
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 364, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 308, in execute
    settings.INSTALLED_APPS
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/conf/__init__.py", line 56, in __getattr__
    self._setup(name)
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/conf/__init__.py", line 41, in _setup
    self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/conf/__init__.py", line 110, in __init__
    mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/seahub/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from handlers import repo_created_cb, repo_deleted_cb, clean_up_repo_trash_cb, \
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/seahub/handlers.py", line 25, in <module>
    import seafevents
ImportError: No module named seafevents
Error:Seahub failed to start.

Isn’t FastCGI deprecated since 6.3?!

It is, but that’s the only way of getting debug output when starting Seahub doesn’t work that I know of.

Starting seahub without FastCGI (the way I normally do it) also fails, but with no debug output.

Here we go, I figured out how to get debug output with non-fastcgi start:

[cloud@main seafile-server-latest]$ ./seahub.sh start

LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
Starting seahub at port 8000 ...
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('gunicorn==19.8.1', 'console_scripts', 'gunicorn')()
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/app/wsgiapp.py", line 61, in run
    WSGIApplication("%(prog)s [OPTIONS] [APP_MODULE]").run()
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/app/base.py", line 223, in run
    super(Application, self).run()
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/app/base.py", line 72, in run
    Arbiter(self).run()
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/arbiter.py", line 60, in __init__
    self.setup(app)
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/arbiter.py", line 120, in setup
    self.app.wsgi()
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/app/base.py", line 67, in wsgi
    self.callable = self.load()
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/app/wsgiapp.py", line 52, in load
    return self.load_wsgiapp()
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/app/wsgiapp.py", line 41, in load_wsgiapp
    return util.import_app(self.app_uri)
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/gunicorn-19.8.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/util.py", line 350, in import_app
    __import__(module)
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/seahub/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from handlers import repo_created_cb, repo_deleted_cb, clean_up_repo_trash_cb, \
  File "/home/cloud/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/seahub/handlers.py", line 25, in <module>
    import seafevents
ImportError: No module named seafevents

Error:Seahub failed to start.
Please try to run "./seahub.sh start" again

Despite some SQL errors while upgrading from 6.3 to 7.0, Seafile 7 runs smooth.

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seafile_seahub-db.TotalStorageStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seafile_seahub-db.TotalStorageStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seafile_seahub-db.FileOpsStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seafile_seahub-db.FileOpsStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seafile_seahub-db.UserActivityStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seafile_seahub-db.UserActivityStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1051, "Unknown table 'seafile_seahub-db.UserTrafficStat'")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1091, "Can't DROP 'profile_profile_contact_email_0975e4bf_uniq'; check that column/key exists")

Looks like the SQL definitions are not uptodate. Can’t find the tables in the setup definitions either.

The custom css file is still not loaded in editor view (missing since 6.3).

1 Like

I got the same SQL errors. I figured it was due to maybe not running Pro version.

What OS are you running? I haven’t figured out yet why 6.3 runs fine for me, but 7.0 is giving me this error.

I’m CentOS 7.4

I don’t think that the SQL queries have anything to do with your problem. Just wanted to mention them for the devs.

I am on Debian Stretch. Sorry, that I can’t help you there, the python stuff is out of my scope.

The SQL errors are just warnings. They can be ignored.

Great work - thank you.
Update worked like a charm.
Some small issues: In grid view the icons are scaled and look rather blurred and ugly. It would be nice to have some hd icons. Translation to german is incomplete, too.
Update: Unfortunately further testing revealed some errors wich made this version unusable for me.

2 Likes

@rdb I installed seadrive on my Microsoft PC and I use that to do file search

I have this error when creating a markdown file :

File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/exception.py", line 41, in inner
    response = get_response(request)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 249, in _legacy_get_response
    response = self._get_response(request)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 187, in _get_response
    response = self.process_exception_by_middleware(e, request)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 185, in _get_response
    response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/seahub/auth/decorators.py", line 27, in _wrapped_view
    return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/seahub/base/decorators.py", line 74, in _decorated
    return func(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/seahub/views/file.py", line 677, in view_lib_file
    is_draft = is_draft_file(repo.id, path)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/seahub/drafts/utils.py", line 41, in is_draft_file
    Draft.objects.get(origin_repo_id=repo_id, draft_file_path=file_path)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/db/models/manager.py", line 85, in manager_method
    return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/db/models/query.py", line 374, in get
    num = len(clone)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/db/models/query.py", line 232, in __len__
    self._fetch_all()
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/db/models/query.py", line 1118, in _fetch_all
    self._result_cache = list(self._iterable_class(self))
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/db/models/query.py", line 53, in __iter__
    results = compiler.execute_sql(chunked_fetch=self.chunked_fetch)
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py", line 899, in execute_sql
    raise original_exception
ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'seahub-db.drafts_draft' doesn't exist")

Did you run the required MySQL upgrade script(s) when upgrading from 6.X to 7.0?

I ran the upgrade_6.3_7.0.sh script

The upgrade script does not create any draft* tables

At least the drafts_draft table is part of the SQL file which is used for database upgrading. See /seafile-server-7.0.0/upgrade/sql/7.0.0/mysql/seahub.sql for MySQL. You could try to execute the sql file directly in the database.