Seafile client 6.2.0 is ready. Automatically file locking on Mac and other improvements


#1

Seafile client 6.2.0 is ready. There are three major changes:

  1. Add automatically locking support for Office files on Mac
  2. [win] Enable using both syncing client and drive client while keep the Explorer file status icon work for both
  3. The Ccnet component is removed so you can run multiple-instances on a single machine without conflict each other.

The full changelog:

  • [mac] Add automatical locking support for Office files
  • [mac] Don’t update local office file if it is editing locally while simultaneously edited remotely
  • [win] Enable using both syncing client and drive client while keep the Explorer file status icon work for both
  • [win] Remove ccnet component to make running multiple-instances on a single machine possible
  • Don’t send unneccesary “api2/events” requests
  • [cloud file browser] Fix uploading retrying
  • [fix] Fix .eml files can’t be deleted

#2

Thanks Seafile team!. On the download page is still there the 6.1.8 :slight_smile:


#3

Thanks for point out. It is updated now.


#4

Automatic updater doesn’t show update. Manual search also finds nothing.

Client is 6.1.8


#5

What is the new RPC Package instead of ccnet?


#7

It’s marked as beta version, that’s probably why it’s not available as an update yet.


#8

The RPC function is moved into seaf-daemon.


#9

:star_struck: :kissing_heart:

This is awesome… :+1:


#10

@Andre Does it work?


#11

i can’t tell at this point. I have to wait until tomorrow if the files come back. I’ve updated only some clients who are at the same library.

But i got some strange error messages during the updates and some problems with the explorer icons.

failed%20to%20connect
Error on Windows Server 2012 R2. But only on first start.

failedtosaveclient
Error on Windows 10 Pro on a client which was not logged in. But also only on first start.


On some Windows 7 machines i have no explorer Icons after the update. (If i disable the Seafile Explorer Icons it works again, but without the sync status of course)

[UPDATE] It seems that the Explorer icon problem is on all machines [/update]


#12

It seems that the Explorer icon problem is on all machines

Hi @Andre, sometimes you need to reboot the system to see the status icons, have you tried that?

Also if you can provide the file c:/User/[username]/ccnet/logs/applet.log and c:/User/[username]/seafile_ext.log it could be helpful for us to debug it.


#13

a reboot fixed the Explorer icons. But my second bug ist not gone.

If i install Seafile 6.2.0 on a fresh windows profile, where there was no user already, i get on every start the “failed to save id” message and he ask me to setup a new user. If i cancel the user setup, it works just fine. I hope you get what i mean.

  1. I start seafile, get the user id error
  2. i setup an user and sync the first library
  3. i quit Seafile and start it again
  4. Seafile shows me the ID error and after that it wants me to setup a new user
  5. i cancel the user setup
  6. seafile starts fine and syncs

applet.log

[07/06/18 14:01:30]id file not found, creating it
[07/06/18 14:01:30]generated new device id f50915505441d11b11bcc8fde5a6a24377d5c798
[07/06/18 14:01:41]failed to save client id
[07/06/18 14:01:43]failed to open account database ./accounts.db: unable to open database file
[07/06/18 14:01:44]failed to open certs database ./certs.db: unable to open database file
[07/06/18 14:01:46]starting seaf-daemon:  ("-c", "C:/Users/user.name/ccnet", "-d", "", "-w", "")

seafile.log

[07/06/18 14:01:47] seafile-session.c(161): Config dir  does not exist and is unable to create
[07/06/18 14:01:47] seaf-daemon.c(482): Failed to create seafile session.

If i install Seafile 6.1.8, setup an user and then install 6.2.0 it works without any problems.


#14

it seems to work. So far no EML file came back


#15

Thanks for sharing the details. We’ll try to reproduce & fix this.


#16

I think, i have another problem. I’m not 100% sure it is an 6.2.x thing… but it happens directly after the update.

Every library that got an local change (this client runs on an file server) got an error.

[07/05/18 13:39:14] sync-mgr.c(545): Repo 'B 3 XYZ' sync state transition from 'synchronized' to 'uploading'.
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '28fc49af': ('normal', 'init') --> ('normal', 'check')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '0ec02fc0': ('normal', 'data') --> ('finished', 'finished')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] sync-mgr.c(545): Repo 'A 4 ZZZ' sync state transition from 'downloading' to 'synchronized'.
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '28fc49af': ('normal', 'check') --> ('normal', 'commit')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '28fc49af': ('normal', 'commit') --> ('normal', 'fs')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(3646): Failed to calculate fs object list for repo 28fc49af.
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '28fc49af': ('normal', 'fs') --> ('error', 'finished')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] sync-mgr.c(607): Repo 'B 3 XYZ' sync state transition from uploading to 'error': 'Error occurred in upload.'.

“Failed to calculate fs object list for repo 28fc49af.”

For every repo i have, this error occurs. An manual Resync doesn’t really help. I switched back to 6.1.8, resynced everything, and it works again.

My Logfile from ~4 days are >700MB

[UPDATE] on my Local machines (Win7, Win10) this does not happen. At least not that i aware of [/UPDATE]