Seafile client 6.2.0 is ready. Automatically file locking on Mac and other improvements

Seafile client 6.2.0 is ready. There are three major changes:

1. Add automatically locking support for Office files on Mac
  2. [win] Enable using both syncing client and drive client while keep the Explorer file status icon work for both
  3. The Ccnet component is removed so you can run multiple-instances on a single machine without conflict each other.

The full changelog:

• [mac] Add automatical locking support for Office files
  • [mac] Don’t update local office file if it is editing locally while simultaneously edited remotely
  • [win] Enable using both syncing client and drive client while keep the Explorer file status icon work for both
  • [win] Remove ccnet component to make running multiple-instances on a single machine possible
  • Don’t send unneccesary “api2/events” requests
  • [cloud file browser] Fix uploading retrying
  • [fix] Fix .eml files can’t be deleted
5 Likes

Thanks Seafile team!. On the download page is still there the 6.1.8 :slight_smile:

Thanks for point out. It is updated now.

Automatic updater doesn’t show update. Manual search also finds nothing.

Client is 6.1.8

What is the new RPC Package instead of ccnet?

1 Like

It’s marked as beta version, that’s probably why it’s not available as an update yet.

1 Like

The RPC function is moved into seaf-daemon.

:star_struck: :kissing_heart:

This is awesome… :+1:

@Andre Does it work?

i can’t tell at this point. I have to wait until tomorrow if the files come back. I’ve updated only some clients who are at the same library.

But i got some strange error messages during the updates and some problems with the explorer icons.

failed%20to%20connect
Error on Windows Server 2012 R2. But only on first start.

failedtosaveclient
Error on Windows 10 Pro on a client which was not logged in. But also only on first start.

On some Windows 7 machines i have no explorer Icons after the update. (If i disable the Seafile Explorer Icons it works again, but without the sync status of course)

[UPDATE] It seems that the Explorer icon problem is on all machines [/update]

It seems that the Explorer icon problem is on all machines

Hi @Andre, sometimes you need to reboot the system to see the status icons, have you tried that?

Also if you can provide the file c:/User/[username]/ccnet/logs/applet.log and c:/User/[username]/seafile_ext.log it could be helpful for us to debug it.

a reboot fixed the Explorer icons. But my second bug ist not gone.

If i install Seafile 6.2.0 on a fresh windows profile, where there was no user already, i get on every start the “failed to save id” message and he ask me to setup a new user. If i cancel the user setup, it works just fine. I hope you get what i mean.

1. I start seafile, get the user id error
  2. i setup an user and sync the first library
  3. i quit Seafile and start it again
  4. Seafile shows me the ID error and after that it wants me to setup a new user
  5. i cancel the user setup
  6. seafile starts fine and syncs

applet.log

[07/06/18 14:01:30]id file not found, creating it
[07/06/18 14:01:30]generated new device id f50915505441d11b11bcc8fde5a6a24377d5c798
[07/06/18 14:01:41]failed to save client id
[07/06/18 14:01:43]failed to open account database ./accounts.db: unable to open database file
[07/06/18 14:01:44]failed to open certs database ./certs.db: unable to open database file
[07/06/18 14:01:46]starting seaf-daemon:  ("-c", "C:/Users/user.name/ccnet", "-d", "", "-w", "")

seafile.log

[07/06/18 14:01:47] seafile-session.c(161): Config dir  does not exist and is unable to create
[07/06/18 14:01:47] seaf-daemon.c(482): Failed to create seafile session.

If i install Seafile 6.1.8, setup an user and then install 6.2.0 it works without any problems.

it seems to work. So far no EML file came back

Thanks for sharing the details. We’ll try to reproduce & fix this.

I think, i have another problem. I’m not 100% sure it is an 6.2.x thing… but it happens directly after the update.

Every library that got an local change (this client runs on an file server) got an error.

[07/05/18 13:39:14] sync-mgr.c(545): Repo 'B 3 XYZ' sync state transition from 'synchronized' to 'uploading'.
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '28fc49af': ('normal', 'init') --> ('normal', 'check')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '0ec02fc0': ('normal', 'data') --> ('finished', 'finished')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] sync-mgr.c(545): Repo 'A 4 ZZZ' sync state transition from 'downloading' to 'synchronized'.
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '28fc49af': ('normal', 'check') --> ('normal', 'commit')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '28fc49af': ('normal', 'commit') --> ('normal', 'fs')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(3646): Failed to calculate fs object list for repo 28fc49af.
[07/05/18 13:39:14] http-tx-mgr.c(1153): Transfer repo '28fc49af': ('normal', 'fs') --> ('error', 'finished')
[07/05/18 13:39:14] sync-mgr.c(607): Repo 'B 3 XYZ' sync state transition from uploading to 'error': 'Error occurred in upload.'.

“Failed to calculate fs object list for repo 28fc49af.”

For every repo i have, this error occurs. An manual Resync doesn’t really help. I switched back to 6.1.8, resynced everything, and it works again.

My Logfile from ~4 days are >700MB

[UPDATE] on my Local machines (Win7, Win10) this does not happen. At least not that i aware of [/UPDATE]

Hi @daniel.pan, in version 6.2.2 of the seafile client in the windows explorer context menu is missing item “to create an internal link”

What can you do with this feature? I’m always asking this myself.

At work, we use Seafile client with several shared libraries configured for the respective working projects. I periodically use these links in correspondence with colleagues, this allows you to immediately open the desired file.

Ah okay, thank you!

So this simulates a file which opens a link?

I understand that the link is sent to the client, it finds where this file is from you (its path) and opens it according to which application is associated with it. For example, an internal reference to the * .doc file will lead to its opening in the word.