Seafile Docker for 7.0 CE is ready. MariaDB and Memcache are moved to its own container

Starting with 7.0, we have adjusted seafile-docker image to use multiple containers. The old image runs MariaDB-Server and Memcached in the same container with Seafile server. Now, we strip the MariaDB-Server and Memcached services from the Seafile image and run them in their respective containers. In order to be compatible with the data of the old container, you need to follow the process below to upgrade to the new version.

You can find the upgrade instructions here:

https://download.seafile.com/published/support/docker/6.3%20upgrade%20to%207.0.md

1 Like

7.0的docker工程源码好像没有,难道更新不同步吗

Is nginx still in the container included?

Зашто причате на језику који вас нико не очекује? то нервира

It is in the container.

Hey together
i tried to install Seafile 7.0 on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04.2 with Docker. I followed the instructions in the manual and used the default docker-compose.yml from the manual. When starting with docker-compose up I get the following messages:

First the mysql-container loads and comes to the end with the following log

seafile-mysql log
seafile-mysql | 2019-06-06 14:14:58 139761206896640 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '::'.
seafile-mysql | 2019-06-06 14:14:58 139761206896640 [Warning] 'proxies_priv' entry '@% root@464708f3c7d8' ignored in --skip-name-resolve mode.
seafile-mysql | 2019-06-06 14:14:58 139761206896640 [Note] mysqld: ready for connections.
seafile-mysql | Version: '10.1.40-MariaDB-1~bionic'  socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'  port: 3306  mariadb.org binary distribution

Which tells me that the mysql-container seems to be fine.

Then the main container runs, it creates the corresponding databases in the mysql container and returns the following error message:

seafile log
seafile      | Generating ccnet configuration ...
seafile      |
seafile      | Generating seafile configuration ...
seafile      |
seafile      | done
seafile      | Generating seahub configuration ...
seafile      |
seafile      | ----------------------------------------
seafile      | Now creating ccnet database tables ...
seafile      |
seafile      | Now creating seafile database tables ...
seafile      |
seafile      | Now creating seahub database tables ...
seafile      |
seafile      |
seafile      | creating seafile-server-latest symbolic link ...  done
seafile      |
seafile      |
seafile      |
seafile      |
seafile      | -----------------------------------------------------------------
seafile      | Your seafile server configuration has been finished successfully.
seafile      | -----------------------------------------------------------------
seafile      |
seafile      | run seafile server:     ./seafile.sh { start | stop | restart }
seafile      | run seahub  server:     ./seahub.sh  { start <port> | stop | restart <port> }
seafile      |
seafile      | If you are behind a firewall, remember to allow input/output of these tcp ports:
seafile      |
seafile      | port of seafile fileserver:   8082
seafile      | port of seahub:               8000
seafile      |
seafile      | When problems occur, Refer to
seafile      |
seafile      |         https://github.com/haiwen/seafile/wiki
seafile      |
seafile      | for information.
seafile      |
seafile      |
seafile      | waiting for mysql server to be ready: %s (2003, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db' (111)")
seafile      | waiting for mysql server to be ready: %s (2003, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db' (111)")
seafile      | Traceback (most recent call last):
seafile      |   File "/scripts/start.py", line 86, in <module>
seafile      |     main()
seafile      |   File "/scripts/start.py", line 56, in main
seafile      |     init_seafile_server()
seafile      |   File "/scripts/bootstrap.py", line 176, in init_seafile_server
seafile      |     with open(join(topdir, 'conf', 'seafevents.conf'), 'r') as fp:
seafile      | IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/opt/seafile/conf/seafevents.conf'
seafile      | *** /scripts/start.py exited with status 1.
seafile      | *** Shutting down runit daemon (PID 27)...
seafile      | *** Running /etc/my_init.post_shutdown.d/10_syslog-ng.shutdown...
seafile      | Jun  6 14:15:14 47555c61acd7 syslog-ng[19]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.13.2'
seafile      | *** Killing all processes...
seafile exited with code 1

I noticed that there are no files under the volume (/opt/seafile-data) on the docker host.

Does anyone have the same problem or can give me a hint?

Could there be an image without nginx? This would be nice.

4 Likes

The same error is also occuring when I try to run the image on my windows machine. I also tried to use named volumes to see if bind mounts are causing those issues, but the error remained.

+1 I would also like to use an image without nginx

1 Like

It should also run in a separate container and therefore exchangeable with another reverse proxy.

2 Likes