Seafile pro edition 10.0 is ready for testing
Here are major changes in version 10.0:
- Update Python dependencies and support Ubuntu 22.04 and Debian 11
- Add a new notification server
- Enable limiting download/upload speed for a certain role
- Simplified configuration for SAML authentication
- Some improvements of multi-tenancy mode, like a team admin can set team logo, support each team to have its own SAML login
- Watch and get notifications for libraries
- Support a user to generate multiple share links for a single file/folder
The notification server enables desktop syncing and drive clients to get notification of library changes immediately using websocket. There are two benefits:
- Reduce the time for syncing new changes to local
- Reduce the load of the server as periodically pulling is removed. There are significant reduction of load when you have 1000+ clients.
The notification server works with Seafile syncing client 9.0+ and drive client 3.0+.
Please follow the document to upgrade to Seafile 10.0: Upgrade notes for 10.0.x - Seafile Admin Manual