Seafile requirements fail to install

Hello! I have been trying to fresh-install the server with MySQL on Ubuntu.

I’m on the step of installing requirements. I’ve copy/pasted the command “sudo pip3 install --timeout=3600 django==4.2.* future==0.18.* mysqlclient==2.1.*
pymysql pillow==10.2.* pylibmc captcha==0.5.* markupsafe==2.0.1 jinja2 sqlalchemy==2.0.18
psd-tools django-pylibmc django_simple_captcha==0.6.* djangosaml2==1.5.* pysaml2==7.2.* pycryptodome==3.16.* cffi==1.15.1 lxml python-ldap==3.4.3” and I’m getting the error:

"error: externally-managed-environment

× This environment is externally managed
╰─> To install Python packages system-wide, try apt install
python3-xyz, where xyz is the package you are trying to
install.

If you wish to install a non-Debian-packaged Python package,
create a virtual environment using python3 -m venv path/to/venv.
Then use path/to/venv/bin/python and path/to/venv/bin/pip. Make
sure you have python3-full installed.

If you wish to install a non-Debian packaged Python application,
it may be easiest to use pipx install xyz, which will manage a
virtual environment for you. Make sure you have pipx installed.

See /usr/share/doc/python3.12/README.venv for more information.

note: If you believe this is a mistake, please contact your Python installation or OS distribution provider. You can override this, at the risk of breaking your Python installation or OS, by passing --break-system-packages."

For reference, I’ve been following the reference guide titled " Installation of Seafile Server Community Edition with MySQL/MariaDB"

I originally didn’t see this error and just continued on setup, however, the step in which we creating the admin email perperutally failed to run (presumably because of this issue).

I have tried ignoring the warning, including the flag " --break-system-packages", which just creates more issues, reinstalling everything, amongst other attempts and I can’t seem to solve it. Where am I going wrong? What other information could I provide?

I modified the official manual’s install instructions to use python’s venv to safely install the dependencies with pip. I don’t know if this is the way that the seafile developers want the pip problem to be addressed. It seems they don’t actually interact with github, so the issue and pull request have had no response. But I can say at least that this process worked just fine for me on Debian 12.

We don’t have time to look into the virtual env problem yet, as our main environment for binary installation is Ubuntu. But we will look into the problem/pull request in this month.

UBUNTU 24.04 LST
Built the environment using the following command but Cffi=1.15.1 requires the latest 1.16.0
mysql 8.4.0 lts mysql_native_password have change caching_sha2_password

apt install python3.12-venv
python3 -m venv myenv
source myenv/bin/activate
pip install requests
apt-get install -y python3 python3-dev python3-setuptools python3-pip python3-ldap libmysqlclient-dev ldap-utils libldap2-dev dnsutils
apt-get install -y memcached libmemcached-dev
apt-get install -y poppler-utils
sudo apt-get install libldap2-dev
sudo apt-get install libsasl2-dev
pip3 install django==4.2.* future==0.18.* mysqlclient==2.1.* \ pymysql pillow==10.2.* pylibmc captcha==0.5.* markupsafe==2.0.1 jinja2 sqlalchemy==2.0.18 \ psd-tools django-pylibmc django_simple_captcha==0.6.* djangosaml2==1.5.* pysaml2==7.2.* pycryptodome==3.16.* cffi python-ldap==3.4.3 lxml