Seafile Server 7.0.3 for Raspberry Pi is ready! 17.07.2019

It was a pleasure, thank you for your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi…having issues here - hope you can help :slight_smile:

upgrade went fine - no errors at all. But now when i try to run seafile.sh i get this error

ccnet-server: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.22’ not found (required by /home/piseafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seafile/lib/libgnutls.so.30)
failed to run "ccnet-server -t

OK then i tried to solve by installing

sudo apt-get install libc6
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
libc6 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

So don’t know where to look after that…

Which distro? Share the output:

hostnamectl

Just upgraded from 6.3.4 to 7.0.3 on my RPI 3B+ running Raspbian buster, the upgrade is smooth and I don’t see any problem with the new version.

Thanks for your hardworking! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I upgrade my RPI3+ raspbian buster seafile 6.3.4 to 7.0.3. The upgrade is ok but seahub don’t start anymore.
If i start seahub.sh start-fastcgi i see this message
LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
./seahub.sh: line 208: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
Starting seahub (fastcgi) at 127.0.0.1:8000 …
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/manage.py”, line 10, in
execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/core/management/init.py”, line 364, in execute_from_command_line
utility.execute()
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/core/management/init.py”, line 308, in execute
settings.INSTALLED_APPS
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/conf/init.py”, line 56, in getattr
self._setup(name)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/conf/init.py”, line 41, in _setup
self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/conf/init.py”, line 110, in init
mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/init.py”, line 37, in import_module
import(name)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/seahub/init.py”, line 4, in
from handlers import repo_created_cb, repo_deleted_cb, clean_up_repo_trash_cb,
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/seahub/handlers.py”, line 4, in
import settings
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.3/seahub/seahub/settings.py”, line 844, in
import seahub_settings
File “/home/seafile/conf/seahub_settings.py”, line 4, in
Error:Seahub failed to start.

seahub.log is empty

Did you install it @herve?

I had the same problem. After installing the pkg certifi seahub starts again, but I couldn’t access the interface via my browser. I then switched to nginx and set the proxy to another port - 8001. Since 8000 is now used by Python. I do not normally use Nginx for Seafile at home.

netstat -pan | grep ":8000"
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:8000          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1778/python2.7   

I install certifi pkg.
The port 8000 is free in my system
I find the origin of the problem : the module idna is not install
pip install idna and seahub start again

@jobenvil

hostnamectl returned this

Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
Kernel: Linux 4.9.35-v7+
Architecture: arm

Ok, my assumptions were right. You are the first reported victim of having an eol distro… it is possible you update your distro to stretch? If not I have to compile with jessie but this could take time since the summer is comming :wink:

Sure - will check around how to do that :slight_smile:
Wonderful thing about Pi is that you set it up and forget about it - but i guess it comes a time that you have to do some additional research.

1h later
I have done it. I am now a linux master :slight_smile:
For anyone with a similar issue i have followed this tutorial on how to upgrade -
https://www.datenreise.de/en/raspberry-pi-raspbian-update-update-jessie-to-stretch/

So - problem solved. Thank you jobenvil for your help and getting us the latest version of Seafile.

lol, wow, that was really fast!! Thanks for sharing! :muscle:

damn… same problem on my bananian jessie. And there is no bananian stretch.

@jobenvil i took the official tar.gz from github - not the link you sent to me (but thanks for this - had no time to check it earlier.

Can i easily go back to 6.3.4 by running the ./minor-upgrade.sh in the 6.3.4 folder?

yes, exactly. But, you can try to compile by yourself. I will be on holiday in two weeks and I could send you some help.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. Seafile is running in old version again.

After that i thought maybe it would be nice to compile it by myself. But i fail on installing the python thirdparty things with flup…

Summary
XX@bananapi:~/XX/seahub_thirdpart$ easy_install -d . /tmp/flup-1.0.2.tar.gz
Processing flup-1.0.2.tar.gz
Writing /tmp/easy_install-qud55zyr/flup-1.0.2/setup.cfg
Running flup-1.0.2/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-qud55zyr/flup-1.0.2/egg-dist-tmp-cdd3t5d4
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 157, in save_modules
yield saved
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 198, in setup_context
yield
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 255, in run_setup
DirectorySandbox(setup_dir).run(runner)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 285, in run
return func()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 253, in runner
_execfile(setup_script, ns)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 47, in _execfile
exec(code, globals, locals)
  File "/tmp/easy_install-qud55zyr/flup-1.0.2/setup.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "/tmp/easy_install-qud55zyr/flup-1.0.2/ez_setup.py", line 98
except pkg_resources.VersionConflict, e:
                                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/bin/easy_install", line 11, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 2270, in main
**kw
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/core.py", line 148, in setup
dist.run_commands()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/dist.py", line 955, in run_commands
self.run_command(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/dist.py", line 974, in run_command
cmd_obj.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 411, in run
self.easy_install(spec, not self.no_deps)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 655, in easy_install
return self.install_item(None, spec, tmpdir, deps, True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 700, in install_item
dists = self.install_eggs(spec, download, tmpdir)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 881, in install_eggs
return self.build_and_install(setup_script, setup_base)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 1120, in build_and_install
self.run_setup(setup_script, setup_base, args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 1106, in run_setup
run_setup(setup_script, args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 258, in run_setup
raise
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/contextlib.py", line 77, in __exit__
self.gen.throw(type, value, traceback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 198, in setup_context
yield
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 169, in save_modules
saved_exc.resume()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 144, in resume
six.reraise(type, exc, self._tb)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/six.py", line 685, in reraise
raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 157, in save_modules
yield saved
yield
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 255, in run_setup
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 285, in run
return func()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 253, in runner
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 47, in _execfile
  File "/tmp/easy_install-qud55zyr/flup-1.0.2/setup.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "/tmp/easy_install-qud55zyr/flup-1.0.2/ez_setup.py", line 98
                                    ^
seafile@bananapi:~/build/seahub_thirdpart$ easy_install -d . /tmp/flup-1.0.2.tar.gz
Processing flup-1.0.2.tar.gz
Writing /tmp/easy_install-de07kt4z/flup-1.0.2/setup.cfg
Running flup-1.0.2/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-de07kt4z/flup-1.0.2/egg-dist-tmp-8awu0173
yield saved
yield
return func()
  File "/tmp/easy_install-de07kt4z/flup-1.0.2/setup.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "/tmp/easy_install-de07kt4z/flup-1.0.2/ez_setup.py", line 98
                                    ^

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/bin/easy_install", line 11, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 2270, in main
**kw
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/core.py", line 148, in setup
dist.run_commands()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/dist.py", line 955, in run_commands
self.run_command(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/dist.py", line 974, in run_command
cmd_obj.run()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 411, in run
self.easy_install(spec, not self.no_deps)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 655, in easy_install
return self.install_item(None, spec, tmpdir, deps, True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 700, in install_item
dists = self.install_eggs(spec, download, tmpdir)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 881, in install_eggs
return self.build_and_install(setup_script, setup_base)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 1120, in build_and_install
self.run_setup(setup_script, setup_base, args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 1106, in run_setup
run_setup(setup_script, args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 258, in run_setup
raise
yield
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 169, in save_modules
saved_exc.resume()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/setuptools/sandbox.py", line 144, in resume
six.reraise(type, exc, self._tb)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/six.py", line 685, in reraise
raise value.with_traceback(tb)
yield saved
yield
return func()
  File "/tmp/easy_install-de07kt4z/flup-1.0.2/setup.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "/tmp/easy_install-de07kt4z/flup-1.0.2/ez_setup.py", line 98
                                    ^

good decision. That error is beacuse you use python3.4, use python 2.7.

I invested all the morning. Here the Seafile rpi Jessie version. It includes certifi, etc. Check it out.

2 Likes

Upgraded from 6.3.4 without problems.

Thank you for your great work to the devs, @jobenvil and @DomiM :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @jobenvil for your great work. Works perfect.
Sorry for the late reply. there were times in my life when i were able to spend more time on this - but now its different…

Hahaha, welcome to the club :wink:

thanks @jobenvil !!

my installation was broken on 6.3.4 for months and I never managed to get it working, so I had abandoned it till I had more time to work on it.

Got the new version used the upgrade from 6.3 and bam works fine!