Seafile server 7.0 is ready! (Including the CE and PRO edition)

I know, and I upgraded before 7.0.2 was out. I’m just assuming that the stable release still depends on sqlalchemy and when I checked the manual before writing this post yesterday, I wasn’t able to find a reference to it. It would be great if you could update the manual!

Thanks,
Markus

THIS!!! 100%!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the UI upgrades with v7.

Unfortunately the MEDIA_URL setting is now ignored, which breaks installations that do not run at web root. Seafile now uses the /media folder again instead of the MEDIA_URL setting, breaking existing reverse proxy setups.

Also Avatars are somehow served via HTTP url instead of HTTPS, even if every single root setting is set to HTTPS. This breaks my setup due to restrictive CSP that forbids non-HTTPS items.

5 Likes

Hi @Manuel , have you found any workaround for this?

@jobenvil Yes, I have updated my Nginx config to fix the MEDIA_URL setting temporarly and I am living with the broken avatars as it’s not critical for operation (allowing plain HTTP is a no-go for me)

The avatars problems should have be corrected in 7.0.4.

Hi @daniel.pan, thanks for the update. I can confirm that 7.0.3 fixes the avatars. Any news about MEDIA_URL settings? Is a fix for this regression planned?

If you use a non-root, you can set SITE_ROOT. Please try if this can solve your problem.

@Manuel Strange, do you really mean “7.0.3” or 7.0.4? For me 7.0.3 (which is the highest release for CE) is not solving the avatars issue.

@jobenvil No, I mean 7.0.3 CE. I haven’t checked the profile page, it’s inconsistent.

The small avatar at the top right now loads correctly from a relative URL, but it’s using the root path - so it’s ignoring MEDIA_URL settings which I fixed by updating my Nginx config.

The profile page on the other hand is still using the MEDIA_URL setting which is now broken because my updated my Nginx config. :woman_shrugging:

@daniel.pan The value of SITE_ROOT in seahub_settings.py is already set to /seafile/

I will wait for 7.0.4 before I touch anything again. It’s not worth to me to fix this small inconsistency if an update will fix it soon.

I have the same configuration inside of seahub_settings.py for non root domain.
Yes, it’s not worth to me too. I can live with broken avatars until 7.0.4.

1 Like

Have you tried to remove Seahub cache? The problem should have already been fixed in 7.0.3.

1 Like

Our development environment also use sub-domain. We have no problem with avatar. Have you tried to clean Seahub cache?

The problem that I’m facing is that the url has the /seafile/ in between and therefore I’m getting a 404 Server Error (not found):

https://hiperborea.noip.me/seafile/seafmedia/avatars/f/1/2278a8042266053fc3e798fb5e2f40/resized/72/1fb9e7bb2be3e0fa49a3655ef7fdbac3_o8NwnS5.png

and it should be:

https://hiperborea.noip.me/seafmedia/avatars/f/1/2278a8042266053fc3e798fb5e2f40/resized/72/1fb9e7bb2be3e0fa49a3655ef7fdbac3_o8NwnS5.png

The others pictures, seafile-logo, icons, are still served from /seafmedia/

Hi,

Let’s solve one problem first. The URL prefix of avatar at the top is determined by the SERVICE_URL

What the value of your current SERVICE_URL?

Using 7.0.3 CE Version (compiled to raspberry pi)

FILE_SERVER_ROOT = 'https://xxxxx.xxxx.xx/seafhttp'
SERVE_STATIC = False
MEDIA_URL = '/seafmedia/'
COMPRESS_URL = MEDIA_URL
STATIC_URL = MEDIA_URL + 'assets/'
SITE_ROOT = '/seafile/'
# Since version 5.0.4 we need to define this as well:
LOGIN_URL = '/seafile/accounts/login/'

admin%20panel
The config was not changed. Seahub cache (in my case memcached) was empty. I tried deactivating memcached as well, and flushing seahub_cache.

root@hiperborea /home/seafile/logs # tail -f seahub.log
2019-07-16 19:13:24,725 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /seafile/seafmedia/avatars/f/1/2278a8042266053fc3e798fb5e2f40/resized/72/1fb9e7bb2be3e0fa49a3655ef7fdbac3_o8NwnS5.png
2019-07-16 19:13:24,727 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /seafile/seafmedia/avatars/f/1/2278a8042266053fc3e798fb5e2f40/resized/64/1fb9e7bb2be3e0fa49a3655ef7fdbac3_o8NwnS5.png

Hi

Is it true that sharing a folder (generic share) can not be writable in the CE version?

thanks
Manu

This are screenshots from the Seafile demo system, which is Seafile PE. But you can do just the same in CE.

I see.
I thought the upper share link example was to get a rw edition too.

1 Like

That would indeed be good for coloberative editing