Seafile server 7.1.3 is ready!

Unfortunately the upgrade from 7.0.5 didn’t work for me at all under Debian9:

1. Installed:
apt install python3 python3-setuptools python3-pip -y
pip3 install --timeout=3600 Pillow pylibmc captcha jinja2 sqlalchemy psd-tools django-pylibmc django-simple-captcha python3-ldap
  1. Followed memcache fix in Seafile server 7.1.3 is ready!.

2. Starting seafile server I get:

Apr 27 00:31:17 vm-seafile python3[2112]: 2020-04-27 00:31:17,669 [ERROR] django.request:135 handle_uncaught_exception Internal Server Er
                                                               Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                                 File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/exception.py", 
                                                                   response = get_response(request)
                                                                 File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 
                                                                   response = middleware_method(request)
                                                                 File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/thirdpart/django/middleware/locale.py", line 2
                                                                   i18n_patterns_used, prefixed_default_language = is_language_prefix_patterns_used(urlconf)
                                                                 File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/thirdpart/django/conf/urls/i18n.py", line 29, 
                                                                   for url_pattern in get_resolver(urlconf).url_patterns:
                                                                 File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/thirdpart/django/utils/functional.py", line 35
                                                                   res = instance.__dict__[self.name] = self.func(instance)
                                                                 File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/thirdpart/django/urls/resolvers.py", line 407,
                                                                   patterns = getattr(self.urlconf_module, "urlpatterns", self.urlconf_module)
                                                                 File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/thirdpart/django/utils/functional.py", line 35
                                                                   res = instance.__dict__[self.name] = self.func(instance)
                                                                 File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/thirdpart/django/urls/resolvers.py", line 400,
                                                                   return import_module(self.urlconf_name)
                                                                 File "/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
                                                                   return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
                                                                 File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _gcd_import

-> rollback to 7.0.5

In short: you are using python3.5, which is not enough.

2 Likes

I tried to setup 7.1.3 on my home server running a fresh and up to date Debian 10 Buster on docker-ce.
mysql and memcached start but seafile does not start, if I enable https with letsencrypt. Having only http starts if I comment out timezone line.

Is this a known bug? Do we stick to 7.0.5 for the moment?

Thx, so time for a dist upgrade.

@saljut7 I think so, but you could check https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-install-python-3-7-on-debian-9/. For me was a possible alternative if you need to stick to debian 9. After that, you could use the update-alternatives. Here is a good example for that.

1 Like

Hi,

In the previous version (in cloud mode) it was possible for the admin to add members to a group.

Right now this is not possible anymore.

Was this a bug, or will it come back?

Can you post a screenshot? In my case, I can still add a member in “System Admin -> Groups -> A group page -> Members”

Yes, its possible to go to the page.
But if you want to add a member, normally i could put the name in and it was possible to add a member to the group.

Right now the list stay empty and the user is not found.

@daniel.pan

There’s an “Internal server error” on the page “System Admin -> User -> A user page -> Groups”:

2020-05-06 14:49:57,121 [ERROR] seahub.api2.endpoints.admin.users:1053 get 'CcnetAPI' object has no attribute 'get_personal_groups_by_user'

Was it possible to check this???
?