Seafile server 7.1.3 is ready!

This is a stable release. Docker version will be released in the next week.

The changelog:

• Support sort libraries by size and number of files in admin panel
  • Support sort users by used storage in admin panel
  • [fix] Fix Markdown print for markdown with more than 1 page
  • Other UI fixes
8 Likes

You can sort the libraries (size/number) only descending, ascending is not working. The sort direction parameter is not passed to the XHR request. It is working correctly for users though.

What about making the other columns sortable as well? This would be very useful sometimes and shouldn’t be hard to add now.

Compairing revisions of text files disappeared. Is this feature coming back in a next version?

I think sorting size/number by ascending does not make much sense. Sorting by other columns does not make much sense, we have no plan to add them at the moment.

The feature can’t work after we had rewrote the frontend by React for a long time. We don’t have a plan to re-implement the feature yet.

Will the docker images be updated to this version soon?

Please read the first line in the post.

Oh, somehow I missed that line

Docker version is returning ‘Internal server error’ and spamming logs with errors:

<...>
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/seahub/oauth/urls.py", line 4, in <module>
    from seahub.oauth.views import oauth_login, oauth_callback
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.3/seahub/seahub/oauth/views.py", line 20, in <module>
    from requests_oauthlib import OAuth2Session
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests_oauthlib'

I had to install python3-requests-oauthlib inside of the container to resolve this.

1 Like

Do you oauth feature?

Yes, I have oauth configured.

Update documentation please :

add

pip3 install --timeout=3600 python-memcached

If seahub dont start !!

1 Like

It is caused by that you use an old memcache configuration that depends on python-memcache. The new way is

'BACKEND': 'django_pylibmc.memcached.PyLibMCCache',

The old way is

'BACKEND': ‘'django.core.cache.backends.memcached.MemcachedCache',
2 Likes

I have been saving seafile-data to a separate directory (separate hard drive) from seafile scripts in the past, but it seems to not be an option any more. Installation script (setup-seafile-mysql.py) no longer prompts user for seafile data directory location and doesn’t save the seafile data directory location to ccnet/seafile.ini. I tweaked the installation script to save seafile data to another directory, but it seems like seafile.sh and seahub.sh scripts assume the data files to be in the directory one level up. Was that intentional?

2 Likes

Just installed 7.1.3 Pro on my preproduction server and hitting it with some basic tests.
Not sure if it’s just my system or a bug, but when I go into the administration-panel and click on statistics, I get an blank page + an error message on the top saying: Please check your network connection:

Nothing important for me, but just wanted to give this feedback

In addition the administrator lost his 2fa configuration and was able to login without 2fa. I could re-enable it again and was fine there.
The one other normal user I have on the test-server still had 2fa enabled.

If you want to change the seafile-data to another place, you can use symbolic link. Support saving seafile-data to a separate directory is not necessary, so it had been removed.

Statistics work fine in my 7.1.3 Pro production instance. Could you find/provide some log entries?

I see, thanks for the reply!

Aha that is very relevant information! I tested the docker version of 7.1.3 as an upgrade, but Seafile couldn’t find the commits, so I downgraded again. I use a custom path for seafile-data in ccnet.conf, like probably many others, so that’s probably the reason it didn’t work.

It would be nice if the upgrade script would recognize this and set the symbolic link.

1 Like

I also use it. So far there is no hint in the upgrade documentation. (https://download.seafile.com/published/seafile-manual/upgrade/upgrade_notes_for_7.1.x.md)

Looks like 7.1.x is still beta.

1 Like

Note for those who need to downgrade: the gunicorn.conf configuration file will be renamed to gunicorn.conf.py during the upgrade process. This is stated in the upgrade script, but you won’t see this when using the Docker containers. So it would be nice if this would also be mentioned in the upgrade notes.

The upgrade/install instructions for 7.1 are incomplete.

The instructions to add the pip3 packages will fail if system package libmemcached-dev is missing (pylibmc will fail to build). libmemcached-dev should be added as needed package in the information above.