Seafile Server 8.0.7 for Raspberry Pi is ready! 16.08.2021

You can get it from the Seafile download section.

:pushpin: Please remember:

• Don’t forget to stop Seafile Server before the upgrade (i.e: service seafile-server stop or, another example: service seahub stop && service seafile stop)
  • Don’t forget to change the directory rights of Seafile after unpacking it (i.e: chown -R seafile:nogroup seafile-server-8.0.7 or, another example: sudo chown -R seafile:seafile seafile-server-8.0.7 )
  • Don’t forget to apply the upgrade script/s according your start release && with the properly user which in normal case should be seafile (i.e change to seafile user: su seafile -s /bin/bash or, another example: sudo su seafile)

Recommendations and clarifications

• Download the properly rpi version for your OS. There are: Debian Stretch, Buster or Ubuntu Bionic, Focal. These were compiled against his own native libraries inside linux containers.

• Users who need to chose Debian Stretch, they must install Python3.6+ to run seafile. The native Python 3.5 is not enough. You can choose to download and compile Python3.6.10 by yourself or use pyenv to do it automatically. Here the suggestions on the forum and common pitfails while using pyenv.

We are still searching for ARM Arch volunteers. Let us a message in Seafile Forum

@Gustl22 Thanks for providing the arm64v8 binaries!!

You can check Seafile release table to find the lifetime of each release and current supported OS.

Seafile Server ChangeLog here

Once again, thanks to the developers and Seafile Community.

have fun :blush:

5 Likes

Built Server binaries 8.0.7 for Raspberry Pi Zero (armv6l) Buster. Used armv6 virtual machine via dockerpi took like 4 hours on my old computer (github lukechilds/dockerpi). File is here: github davidchilin/seafile-rpi/blob/master/seafile-server-8.0.7-buster-armv6l.tar.gz

1 Like