Seafile Server 9.0.2 for Raspberry Pi is ready! 06.01.2022

You can get it from the Seafile download section .

:pushpin: Please remember:

• Don’t forget to stop Seafile Server before the upgrade (i.e: sudo systemctl stop seafile-server or sudo systemctl stop seahub && sudo systemctl stop seafile)
  • Don’t forget to change the directory rights of Seafile after unpacking it (i.e: chown -R seafile:nogroup seafile-server-9.0.2 or sudo chown -R seafile:seafile seafile-server-9.0.2 )
  • Don’t forget to apply the upgrade script/s according your start release && with the properly user which in normal case should be seafile (i.e change to seafile user: su seafile -s /bin/bash or sudo su seafile), then run upgrade, i.e: cd seafile-server-9.0.2 && sh upgrade/upgrade_8.0_9.0.sh

Recommendations and clarifications

• Download the properly rpi version for your OS. There are: Debian Buster, Bullseye or Ubuntu Bionic, Focal, Hirsute. These were compiled against his own native libraries inside linux containers.
  • If Seahub is not starting properly you can debug by disabling daemon in conf/gunicorn.conf.py with daemon = False and start Seahub manually: ./seafile-server-latest/seahub.sh start

We are still searching for ARM Arch volunteers. Let us a message in Seafile Forum

You can check Seafile release table to find the lifetime of each release and current supported OS.

See also Seafile Server ChangeLog here.

Once again, thanks to the developers and Seafile Community.

Have fun!! :blush:

6 Likes

Because of problems with starting seahub, I needed to change in seahub.sh this line:

export PYTHONPATH=${INSTALLPATH}/seafile/lib/python3/site-packages:${INSTALLPATH}/seafile/lib64/python3/site-packages:${INSTALLPATH}/seahub:${INSTALLPATH}/seahub/thirdpart:$PYTHONPATH

for this :

export PYTHONPATH=${INSTALLPATH}/seafile/lib/python3.6/site-packages:${INSTALLPATH}/seahub:${INSTALLPATH}/seahub/thirdpart:$PYTHONPATH

because the folder seafile/lib64 and seafile/lib/python3 don’t exist.

@fafar which distro and arch are you using?

My seafile is installed on an odroid HC2 with ubuntu 18.04.
All is right with this change.

32 or 64 bits?

32 bits.

The first ist clear and has no impact since the seahub.sh script is intended for both architectures, but the seafile/lib/python3 should exist and instead an empty python3.6 directory. Can you pls check?

root@odroid:/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib# ls
libacl.so.1 libhcrypto.so.4 libp11-kit.so.0
libarchive.so.13 libheimbase.so.1 libpcre.so.3
libasn1.so.8 libheimntlm.so.0 libroken.so.18
libattr.so.1 libhogweed.so.4 libsasl2.so.2
libbz2.so.1.0 libhx509.so.5 libsearpc.so
libcom_err.so.2 libicudata.so.60 libsearpc.so.1
libcrypto.so.1.1 libicuuc.so.60 libsearpc.so.1.0.2
libcrypt.so.1 libidn2.so.0 libsqlite3.so.0
libevent-2.1.so.6 libjansson.so.4 libstdc++.so.6
libffi.so.6 libkrb5.so.26 libtasn1.so.6
libfuse.so.2 liblber-2.4.so.2 libunistring.so.2
libgcc_s.so.1 libldap_r-2.4.so.2 libuuid.so.1
libglib-2.0.so.0 liblz4.so.1 libwind.so.0
libgmp.so.10 liblzma.so.5 libxml2.so.2
libgnutls.so.30 liblzo2.so.2 libz.so.1
libgobject-2.0.so.0 libmariadbclient.so.18 pkgconfig
libgssapi.so.3 libnettle.so.6 python3.6
root@odroid:/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib# cd python3.6/
root@odroid:/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/python3.6# ls
site-packages
root@odroid:/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/python3.6# cd site-packages/
root@odroid:/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/python3.6/site-packages# ls
pysearpc seafile seaserv
root@odroid:/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile/lib/python3.6/site-packages#

Interesting, thanks. It seems for Bionic something doesn’t work as expected. The python3 directory should be there with its contents (site-packages…) and another directory python3.6 (native python used by bionic).

@Gustl22 We have to check on that

you’re welcome

1 Like

Hello!
This release (9.0.2) is the last one for raspberry pi. The generic linux release is 5 maintenance versions ahead (9.0.7).
Is the pi version abandoned?
Is it possible to run generic release on pi?

No, but it is community supported. So do not expect the same release cycle.

Last time I checked Raspberry Pi was an ARM platform.