Seafile server disk was full. Now seahub service asks for new admin account

Hi guys, my seafile server HDD was full with 0 free space and seahub service couldn’t start so I deleted all the /var/log files to free up some space. Now when I run the ./seahub.sh start command I get this:

LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
Starting seahub at port 8000 …

It’s the first time you start the seafile server. Now let’s create the admin account

What is the email for the admin account?
[ admin email ]

Is there any way to restore it back ?

https://download.seafile.com/published/seafile-manual/maintain/account.md

It is very sad that the manual is not properly searchable and does not provide a proper FAQ.

1 Like

So if I understand correctly, should I go ahead and create again an admin account? will I lose my files already stored from several users?

Your data will not be deleted from the admin account, this only unlocks and changes the password for the admin account.

ok So I just did this and created again a new admin account and I got this error:

Enter the password again:
[ admin password again ]

Error happened during creating seafile admin.

Seahub is started

Done.

Now when I type the ip address on my browser it shows this:

Page unavailable

Sorry, but the requested page is unavailable due to a server hiccup.

Our engineers have been notified, so check back later.

I also tried to delete the seahub_cache/ on the /tmp folder but nothing changed.

This happened to me when my Seafile instance could not reach the database (with the admin user’s details, I presume). Check the logs to see if there are any such errors. I had to make corrections to the host name and then the prompt for setting up the admin account did not re-appear when I restarted Seahub