Seafile server on Raspberry 3

I’m new to Seafile and this is my first post, so bear with me.

I’m planning to use a Raspberry Pi 3 with an external harddrive as a backup/personal cloud solution.

I checked a bit in the manual, about building or deploying. And I checked a guide on medium . com from 2019 (not allowed to post lonks yet)

Is the guide up to date? Various other posts I’ve found suggests mysql and other stuff. And the manual mentions a lot about building that is not at all mentioned in the guide.

What would you suggest as the best way forward?

I’m a long time ubuntu user, thou my habitat is Gnome. I’m comfortable with the terminal but by no means an expert.

And the manual mentions a lot about building that is not at all mentioned in the guide.

Do not build anything, download the proper package given your os and your architecture here. A new raspian install on a Pi 3 is buster on armv7.

Is the guide up to date?

No but it should work. You’ll probably have to deal with missing dependencies though (check here and here for more information about new deps since 2019).

Various other posts I’ve found suggests mysql and other stuff.

Sqlite works fine and probably is the simplest way to go. The only other stuff you’ll probably need so far is an apache or nginx reverse proxy, unless you want to keep your instance inside your local network. References can be found in the deploy section in the manual.

1 Like