Seafile Webgui - Upload "fails" with {"error": "Internal error. "} (large file)

Hey,

I’ve configured my new seafile instance with no problems, everything is working fine except this “error”. If I upoload a file via webgui, it uploads the file, changes the state to Indexing and after that it failes with {“error”: "Internal error. "}. The funny part: the file is uploaded, but the message is a bit annoying. Do you guys have a similar problem?

This is the output of the logfile (logs/seafile/seafile.log):
[12/04/2019 10:42:00 PM] …/common/fs-mgr.c(651): Failed to open /opt/seafile/seafile-data/httptemp/cluster-shared/LARGEISOFILENAME.ISO9JODC0: No such file or directory
[12/04/2019 10:42:00 PM] repo-op.c(1074): failed to index blocks

Upload via seafile-client has no problems.

Thanks a lot! Atomique

Hello Seafile Community !

I see that this thread has been left unanswered…
Doesn’t anyone know what can be going on ?

I have the exact same behaviour on our Seafile server.
We run it on a set of Debian servers (cluster environment) and use Seafile version 8.0.10.

In the Seahub logs, I have many of those :
2022-03-09 21:33:49,999 [WARNING] django.request:228 log_response Unauthorized: /api2/account/info/
(many [WARNING] django.request:228 log_response Unauthorized within the log file)
And some of those :
[INFO] seafevents.db:153 ping_connection fail to ping database server, disposing all cached connections
(the DB server is a Maria DB cluster, and from a shell point of view it answers to ping)
Do you think that there is a link with my errors ?

We’ve finally found what was troublesome in our case… We were using HAProxy within a PFSense appliance and when we removed HAProxy everything went back to normal. We will experiment again HAProxy but not within PFSense :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you ever find out what the issue was with HAProxy? I am having the same issue with HAProxy under Opnsense. Everything works fine it it is just IP etc.