Seahub: Avatar location / failure - Apache / Ubuntu / Community Manual

Good evening, I would appreciate some help; installed Seafile this evening and some minor problem.
All is installed and working fine except the Avatar in my profile on Seahub. On my Settings page, it shows as a broken image. If I click on it and select a replacement file to upload, I get “Internal Server Error”.
The Seahub log file says:

2019-07-10 00:30:37,513 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /media/avatars/default.png
2019-07-10 00:30:47,671 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /media/css/seafile-ui.map
2019-07-10 00:33:46,296 [ERROR] seahub.api2.endpoints.user_avatar:72 post [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.$

I used the Seafile Community Manual, so the program, configuration files, log files etc are in /opt/seafile , owned by user seafserver.
However, the data is in /srv/seafile-data .
As I am using Apache rather than nginx, I added into my virtual host configuration

Alias /media /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media
<Location /media>
Require all granted

The FAQ at in the official server manual, in talking about server upgrades, says:

You need to check whether the “avatars” symbolic link under seahub/media/ is linking to …/…/…/seahub-data/avatars

It is.

root@server:/opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media# ls -al
total 52
drwxrwxr-x 12 seafserver seafserver 4096 Jul 9 22:31 .
drwxrwxr-x 15 seafserver seafserver 4096 Jul 5 06:40 …
drwxrwxr-x 5 seafserver seafserver 4096 Jul 5 06:40 assets
lrwxrwxrwx 1 seafserver seafserver 28 Jul 9 21:58 avatars → …/…/…/seahub-data/avatars

…/…/…/seahub-data in this context, however, is /opt/seafile/seahub-data whereas the seahub-data directory is actually /srv/seahub-data.
Noticeably, /srv/seahub-data doesn’t have an “avatars” subdirectory.
/opt/seafile/seahub-data has what appears to be an invalid self-referencing link:

root@server:/opt/seafile/seahub-data# ls -al
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 3 seafserver seafserver 4096 Jul 10 00:41 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 seafserver seafserver 4096 Jul 9 22:31 …
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Jul 10 00:41 avatars → avatars

I have attempted changing either or both symbolic links to other options, to no avail.
Please if anybody could help me out of this mess, I would appreciate it!
What should I change configuration or symbolic links to, so that display and update of user avatars functions correctly?
thank you

I had the same problem in my Raspberry PI instalation (seafile server version 7.1.5)

In “seahub_data/” folder no “avatars/” subfolder but exist “avatars” symlink to … nothing.
I deleted this symlink ( in “seahub_data/” folder next to the “thumbnail” folder) and created subfolder “avatars”, then I changed ownership of this folder (in my case “pi:seafile”).

Finally I copied some “default.png” file from the internet to this folder.

like at the and of my post

And… it’s works! :slight_smile:

Hello
I have same issue on 8.0.7
With apache 2 https

Any idea how to fix?