Seahub not working after upgrade from 6.2.5 to 6.3.2

Hello together,
I upgraded my Seafile server running on an ARM machine from 6.2.5 to 6.3.2. I was using FastCGI before, so I had to switch now to WSGI. Unfortunately, after upgrading my server is not working any more. I tried some things (reinstalling urllib3 due to the seahub error log) but nothing worked so far. Seahub does not seem to start, because when I try to stop it with the script, it says “no such process”.
I even tried to start without SSL but this results in the same error.
Nginx says “502 Bad Gateway” when accessing the URL and “500 Internal Server Error” when accessing the URL/seafhttp
Any idea what I can do?


Hello Jojo.

How does your nginx conf file for your server look like now that you had to migrate to WSGI? I migrated from fast-cgi and I decided to rewrite a clean conf file. I had to remember to redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS.

Also, does your installation location have the same permissions as your previous installation?

Did the shell update script 6.2.x to 6.3.x run flawlessly?

Hello Illuminati,

thanks for your answer. In my old config I used HTTPS and port 8001, but since the upgrade did not work, I now first try to get it to run without SSL.
My config file is according to the manual as follows (with a change at “proxy_set_header Host $host:$server_port;”, as I have read this in another post in this forum):

server {
listen 8001;
server_name NAME;

proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;

location / {
     proxy_set_header   Host $host:$server_port;
     proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
     proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
     proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-Host $server_name;
     proxy_read_timeout  1200s;

     # used for view/edit office file via Office Online Server
     client_max_body_size 0;

     access_log      /var/log/nginx/seahub.access.log;
     error_log       /var/log/nginx/seahub.error.log;

location /seafhttp {
    rewrite ^/seafhttp(.*)$ $1 break;
    client_max_body_size 0;
    proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

    proxy_connect_timeout  36000s;
    proxy_read_timeout  36000s;
    proxy_send_timeout  36000s;

    send_timeout  36000s;

    proxy_request_buffering off;
location /media {
    root /home/user/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seahub;


The upgrade script ran flawlessly.
I hope this helps…


Please post seahub.log.

This is the last entry:

2018-10-13 13:57:49,182 [ERROR] django.request:135 handle_uncaught_exception Internal Server Error: /api2/events/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/”, line 41, in inner
response = get_response(request)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/”, line 244, in _legacy_get_response
response = middleware_method(request)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/middleware/”, line 24, in process_request
i18n_patterns_used, prefixed_default_language = is_language_prefix_patterns_used(urlconf)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/utils/”, line 100, in wrapper
result = user_function(*args, **kwds)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/conf/urls/”, line 29, in is_language_prefix_patterns_used
for url_pattern in get_resolver(urlconf).url_patterns:
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/utils/”, line 35, in get
res = instance.dict[] = self.func(instance)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/urls/”, line 405, in url_patterns
patterns = getattr(self.urlconf_module, “urlpatterns”, self.urlconf_module)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/utils/”, line 35, in get
res = instance.dict[] = self.func(instance)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/urls/”, line 398, in urlconf_module
return import_module(self.urlconf_name)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/”, line 37, in import_module
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/seahub/utils/”, line 41, in
url(r’^%s’ % settings.SITE_ROOT[1:], include(settings.SITE_ROOT_URLCONF)),
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.13-py2.7.egg/django/conf/urls/”, line 50, in include
urlconf_module = import_module(urlconf_module)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/”, line 37, in import_module
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/seahub/”, line 12, in
from seahub.views.file import view_history_file, view_trash_file,
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/seahub/views/”, line 43, in
from seahub.wopi.utils import get_wopi_dict
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/seahub/wopi/”, line 7, in
import requests
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.2/seahub/thirdpart/requests-2.18.4-py2.7.egg/requests/”, line 90, in
from urllib3.exceptions import DependencyWarning
ImportError: cannot import name DependencyWarning

But I already updated urllib3 to the latest version and this error doesnt’t occur any more (nothing new appears in the logfile when restarting seafile/seahub).

It seems to be a wrong nginx config…
I don’t know how to configure it correctly with WSGI.
I switched back now to the latest 6.2 release.
Would be great if someone knows how to configure nginx correctly to let seahub run on another port with WSGI.