Server Blocks Folder huge size (800GB) / lots of Error when indexing

Hello,

Question 1:
Why my seafile-data/storage/blocks folder on my server is huge (800GB), how to reduce it? How to prevent that situation?

root@ynh:/home/yunohost.app/seafile-data/storage/blocks# du -sh * | sort -h                                                                                                                                                                                   
304K    5d2793a3-5780-4584-8acd-21f3aad2b297                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
9.2G    2166d90a-f5b6-44d0-b0e6-53c3bdbedddc                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
21G     7a909b13-57cf-4dcc-a833-ae110114ef57                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
772G    e09a1c2d-ac30-41a9-902a-67ad2a5004fa         

Question 2:
I use Seafile to store my work files, and when I save from my software (After Effects), it gives me an Error when indexing, maybe 1 out of 3 times. I may save 200 times a day, so it’s a lot of errors. What can I do to prevent this error to happens? My files are correctly uploaded in the end.

I don’t know if those 2 problems are correlated?
Here is more informations down here.
Thanks a lot for your help people! :kissing:

Server informations
YunoHost 4.2.8.3 (stable)
Seafile 8.0.5~ynh1

3 Seafile libraries on the server:
14.6 GB
76.7 GB
9.9 GB

log
seafile.log (69MB before zip): https://fromsmash.com/SeafileLog

You can set client to manually sync or periodically sync for the library with “After Effects” to avoid uploading too many temporary files.

You can also set the length of history run seaf-gc to remove history files.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help!

run seaf-gc to remove history files.

It worked perfectly.

You can set client to manually sync or periodically sync for the library

I did, but there is still many Error when indexing. Would you know where I could find more information about what cause exactly this error?
I’ve noticed it’s often with long name files, like “Filesname-eRtGsdsf64yyHHsd.xxx”.

It is likely After Effects creating temporary files when you work on a file, and the temporary file causes errors. But it should not affect the correctness of syncing the normal files.