Server down need help ASAP please!

will this just mount the files like mounting an ISO? Or will it copy all of the files to the folder we make? Because I dont have the space to duplicate the data

It will mount the files as ā€œISOā€ as read-only,
The encrypted libraries will not be mounted or not readable
Do you have encrypted libraries?

I can see my files this way, how can I copy them to another folder or sambashare?

I need to be able to get them out to Windows

another option is moving the data to a new Seafile server, can I do that and access the data? Or would it not work due to the database still being wrong?

Hello Paul-Jackson

If you can see your data in this way it is already a good thing.
Your data is on a nas drive, can you give me the model in order to see if you can create a samba share,
I advise you to repatriate your data on a new disk or on another machine and then to leave on a new installation of seafile.
The most important is to save your data on another medium

If you copy your data from the FUSE drive on other media you do not need the database to do a new seafile installation. But I repeat it first You have to put your data in security on other support external to the nas because you have more space to store the data on it

I would do that,

1. I would copy my data on a windows machine from FUSE Drive,
    And once I would verify that my correct data in windows
  2. I remove the old seafile installation, and I delete the 3 seafile databases in mysql (ccnet-db, seafile-db, seahub-db)
  3. I delete my old file seafile-data
  4. I install seafile 6.0.12, using the option to automatically create the new databases when the script requests it
  5. I run seafile and I create my admin account
  6. i installs seafile client on my windows machine and i verify that the transfer works
  7. I add my old data folder that I retrieved using FUSE has synchronization

Thanks for all of your helpā€¦Could I setup a new seafile server and just move the data to the new server? Can I rebuild the database or something to make it work?

You can not put the retrieved data using FUSE directly into the seafile-data folder,
Seafile indexes the files with its own algorithm between the database and the seafile-data folder.
It is for this reason that you can not directly put the recovered data in the seafile-data folder.
You have a corrupt database, it is very difficult to repair, especially if you are not comfortable with mysql.
I advise you to do as described in the previous post

Yes that is what I want to do, but how do I copy the Fuze data to my windows machine? I cant get it to samba share and access it in windows? Can you help with that?

You mount the folder Fuse from what machine?
You worked how? SSH or with a screen?

I got it, able to do a cp -r to copy it to another folder I have access to.

Another question if you could though, I started moving these profiles, but so far havenā€™t came across some of some of the main shared folders everyone uses. Will I find those in someoneā€™s profile folder or are those stored differently? The fuse directory only shows users like name@domain.com

So Iā€™m assuming that the shared folder(s) Iā€™m looking for will be found in one of these, then its just shared from there to the other people?

Thanks so much for your helpā€¦I almost have the new server configured and running. Then weā€™ll just manually copy data into it as needed. For the most part 90% of the files are on local desktops already

How do I change the password of the admin account I created in the web portal when setting up?

https://manual.seafile.com/maintain/account.html

1 Like

@FreeCloud I was able to copy my data by using the FUSE program but it seems there are some folders and/or files that are missing. Any help with that?

@Paul_Jackson
It looks like one of your admins upgraded your seafile server without stopping and starting it, which would explain why the error showed up only now (I assume you shut down the seafile server for running gc)

According to https://seacloud.cc/group/3/wiki/server-changelog

5.0.0 beta (2015.11.03)
UI changes:

change most png icons to icon font
UI change of file history page
UI change of library history page
UI change of trash page
UI change of sharing link page
UI change of rename operation
Add grid view for folder sharing link
Donā€™t open a new page when click the settings, trash and history icons in the library page
other small UI improvements
Config changes:

Move all config files to folder conf
Add web UI to config the server. The config items are saved in database table (seahub-dab/constance_config). They have a higher priority over the items in config files.

the table which is missing for you was introduced in version 5.0.0. Since youā€™ve got two versions installed on your server, I assume that someone updated your server from 3.1.7 to 6.0.8 without incrementally updating to the two other major versions.
So basically it looks like you skipped over version 5 and thus the table seahub-dab/constance_config is missing.

You said you tried to start 6.0.8 and and latest, however these folders are the same, since latest is just a symlink on the latest seafile installation, which in your case is 6.0.8.

In case you still have the old server you could try to start version 3.1.7 and see if the errors disappear.

Yes incremental upgrades were done and I have tried starting the 3.1 version and get the same message. I have even ran through the incremental scripts again. The server has been rebooted before without issues.

Yes services were stopped before GC was ran, I followed the instructions. Do you think I could just run the 4.9 to 5.0 script and maybe it will fix it?

Ok, too bad.

I donā€™t think that this would fix it.

So you can either stick to what FreeCloud suggested or try the following (to restore as much data as possible):

• First of all: do you have a backup of your new seafile server?

If so you can definitely try to follow the backup/restore instructions for seafile (https://manual.seafile.com/maintain/backup_recovery.html).

Steps:

• Dump your dbs on your old server (3 mysql dumps in total)
  • Dump your dbs on your new server (as a backup, or take a snapshot if youā€™re using virtualization)
  • Transfer the old dbs to your new server
  • Restore them on your new server (See my further explanation on that)
  • Try to start the new server (Normally it should start, but have problems accessing files, as we didnā€™t transfer them yet) (According to the Backup Order paragraph in the backup/restore tutorial)

If it starts up properly, we can continue:

• Transfer the data from your old server to your new, using rsync as shown in the seafile tutorial.
  • Run seaf-fsck to make sure that database and local file system are consistent

Explanation

A sql dump produced by mysqldump deletes existing tables and recreates them with the data from the old database.
Since it looks like your db is corrupted in such a way that tables are only missing, it should not screw up your new installation. (But thatā€™s why you should have a backup of your new server.)

There are three databases in seafile, which you have to backup and restore.

• seafile-db
  • seahub-db
  • ccnet-db

The config table which is causing the errors is located in the seahub database, so you can either hope that only tables are missing and restore this database too, or you can try to skip over this database and use the fresh one here. It could work as the seahub-db is not storing file relevant data. It holds information about profiles, logins, links and ā€¦ everything related to the webui)
I would start with not importing this db and trying to start the server, check if everything is working and perhaps then import it (to restore links, profiles, if needed)

1 Like

I exported data using the FUSE extension, although the end users are telling me theres things missing. And it appears to be files from about a month ago. Any idea why this would be, and how I can get the most recent stuff??

Any ideas?? Need to get critical data