Shall I recover a Seafile storage, recreating a new seafile server and connecting it?

Thanks!

I actually didn’t have a seafile server breakdown. I just wanted to make sure it it was possible, and how hard it was to restore a broken seafile server. I’m changing my storage backend to use glusterfs so that I can have a distributed storage backend, so I wanted to test that setup out with a test seafile server. While doing that, I managed to break the storage backend when removing a brick (disk) from glusterfs (some files in mariadb apparently failed to migrate to other bricks, and I had already cleaned removed disk), so I thought this is a perfect opportunity for testing how good seaf-fsch is and if I can restore my data in seafile-data that was broken while fiddling around with gluster storage backend. In my test setup I had a few files, maybe 1 GB of data when it broke.

After restoring the database, I did notice that seahub estimated the repository size to be 0, even though it was filled with content. This was fixed by simply restarting seafile server, or maybe you just have to wait for the server to calculate the size, I’m not sure exactly how that was fixed. Otherwise, nothing strange :slight_smile:

I also want to add that this was done with a seafile server v7.0.3.

1 Like