Share link leads to blank web page

Share links that we generate for PPTX (PowerPoint) files just lead to a blank web page. Direct download links (containing ?dl=1 parameter) work fine, and the web client to upload/download view your files works fine.

I assume this has something to do with Seafile trying to render the file in the browser, since share links to images or PDF files work fine. I included a screenshot of the browser console for the broken page.

When I look for the Index error on line 55, I see this:
var docEditor = new DocsAPI.DocEditor("placeholder", config);

Do I have to declare a DocEditor for PPTX files?

Cheers!

Do other office files like xlsx or docx files work ? I think there is a problem with your OnlyOffice Config.

Hey @marcusm. I don’t run OnlyOffice on this server, and the same blank page happens for XLSX and DOCX files. Perhaps I should specify that I don’t want these files to be rendered on the front end. All I want is for the user to (at least) see the download page with our branding and download links to the file, similarly to how zip files are presented in the screenshot below:

Ok, can you tell me what server version you use and show me your seahub_settings.py config file? Please remove sensitive content like passwords.

I was looking through seahub_settings.py just as you posted your advice, and I disabled OnlyOffice through there.

It worked! Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

Glad to hear that i could help. You can set the request as solved in the forum.