After installing and playing around with the SeaDrive client in Windows 10 Enterprise there are three entries in the tree view of the Windows Explorer for “SeaDrive” (shortcuts to the SeaDrive folder).
This is what happened previously:
- Installed SeaDrive client v1.0.11 + uninstalled it again
- Installed SeaDrive client v2.0.3beta + uninstalled it again
- Installed SeaDrive client v2.0.4
- on each steps multiple accounts were set up and not removed before uninstallation
- two accounts were finally removed, while one remains
Now there are three entries in the tree view.
How do I get rid of the unused ones? Clicking files in there always show the error dialogue saying something like: “make sure SeaDrive is running and try again.”
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Here is also a screenshot of how it looks like: