Sync folder/subfolder with two different seafile servers

Hi all,

I need to sync my Windows client with two different seafile servers (my private seafile server and a seafile server at my company - both pro versions). Therefore I’d like to sync different folders where one folder is a subfolder of another one, e.g. like this:

D:\Folder_A --> synced with Seafile_Server_I
D:\Folder_A\Folder_B --> synced with Seafile_Server_II

Is this possible? If yes, would it also be possible if one of the servers is a consumer version?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Jochen

1 Like

This a question I also have. Can the very same folder be synced with two severs?

It is not possible. Maybe it can be achieved using symlinks but it would need to be tested out, how it behaves.

Thanks for clarification! But is it possible to sync different folders with two different servers, like
D:\Folder_A --> sync with Seafile_Server_I
D:\Folder_B --> sync with Seafile_Server_II
?

Thnaks and best regards,
Jochen

Yes this is possible

2 Likes

By clicking on the profile picture you can switch accounts.

1 Like

Thank you guys!

A follow up question/problem/suggestion:
I have the same problem and still the solution to switch accounts is not fully satisfying my needs.

The actual Seafile Desktop Client either syncs with one account (exclusive) OR the other. I need to sync my private account AND my work account in parallel. switching all the time manually to be more or less in sync is not a good option.
This is why I still hold my private Sync-Cloud with Nextcloud where this is possible. I have a Nextcloud account with my research institute and a private account with a commercial provider and both sync in parallel (different folders of course). Since I have an Seafile account with another University I can not use Seafile for private syncing because of the missing parallel syncing.
Is there a solution for that?

Update to my last question:
I tested the syncing again and it seems it does work in the background although in the desktop client panel only one Seafile-server can be selected as “Ausgewählt” (=“selected”) and have the check mark set. It seems it is only a (for me) misleading wording in the client and syncing works in parallel.

Maybe the developers should have a look at the client from nextcloud where two connected servers are shown in a tabed view which is at least to me much more intuitive.

1 Like

Seems now it is possible via Open Cloud Mesh protocol: Open Cloud Mesh - Seafile Admin Manual