System admin notification visibility

Hi,

seafile pro server 6.3.12

Before I upgraded our seafile server, I created a notification through the system admin panel to inform the users about the maintenance time. Immediately after the upgrade I deleted the notification. Now, 4 weeks later, the message is still visible for users, who log in for the first time after the upgrade. How is that possible? I searched through all db tables, but I can not find a hint where the message is hidden. I’m permanently getting mails from users who think, that I forgot to delete the message. How can I clear the message?

Thanks,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

maybe browser cache or http proxy cache? Did you try to clear cache for that browser or tried to login with the same account from another PC?

Hi marcusm,

It can’t be the browser cache, because users log in from their own PCs. Even users, who log in for the first time, see the message on top of the web page.
When I look at the source code of the web page, it is the info-bar where the message appears:

<div id="info-bar">
    <p id="info-bar-info">Seafile-Upgrade am 4. März 2019: ab 17 Uhr wird der myShare-Dienst für ca. eine Stunde nicht erreichbar sein. Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis.</p>
    <span class="close sf2-icon-x1 op-icon" title="Schließen"></span>
</div>

I think, I found the culprit. It was the memcached. I sent a “flush_all” command to the memcached server and now the message is gone. :sunglasses:

1 Like