The number of users exceeds limit, not showing in pro version 8

Hi @daniel.pan,

Maybe something to look at, in the pro version 8 i had the problem that seafile was starting with errors. But it was not clear what was causing this. After some troubleeshooting, i downgraded to CE version and the error was showing up when starting seafile.sh services.

[04/05/21 04:58:07] …/common/session.c(158): using config file /home/user/conf/ccnet.conf
[04/05/21 04:58:07] …/common/license.c(437): Loading license file /home/user/seafile-license.txt …
[04/05/21 04:58:07] …/common/license.c(440): License file /home/user/seafile-license.txt does not exist, allow at most 3 trial users
License file /home/userseafile-license.txt does not exist, allow at most 3 trial users
[04/05/21 04:58:07] user-mgr.c(138): The number of users exceeds limit, max 3, current 4

Normally in the other pro version i also receive this error when exceed the limit. Right now in all the other logs it was not showing up. After fixing this by disable the user in the database, pro version was working right away.

Did you check the log file seafile.log? In version 8, ccnet.log merged to seafile.log.

Hi,

I see this error in the logs file, but i can not remeber the time when i downgraded and saw the error when starting up seafile services in the CE edition. Was to much busy with the seahub and it was a bit late :stuck_out_tongue: , but in the previous version seafile did not start when this problem was there and saw the error immediately.