Upgrade Seafile 6.3.2 to 10 / Download old seafile server versions

We have a old Seafile server CE 6.3.2 installation on Debian. Now we want to migrate to a new server and upgrade Seafile to the newest CE version.
The way i found is the following:

1. Backup the old server
  2. Install the same version (6.3.2) on the new server
  3. Restore the data on the new Server
  4. Upgrade Seafile CE 6.3.2 to 7.x.x to 8.x.x to 9.x.x to 10.x.x

Now i can’t find the old seafile versions of seafile. Where can i find seafile version 6.3.2, 7.x.x and 8.x.x? Or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks for you help!

Regarding the procedure itself: If using the mysql (or mariadb) based version, then you need to dump the contents of the existing databases and restore them on the according mysql installation on the new server. Then copy the whole installation from the old server over (server, config and data folders - simply everything that is related to seafile). If you use the same folder paths as on the old server, you do not even have to touch the symbolic links or config files. Do not start the old server version and do not try to install the according requirements.

I do not know how this is about Debian, but I use an Ubuntu host OS. As I guess that you will likely also want to use an up-to-date version of the OS version on the new server, that one might actually not support installing the required components for older seafile versions. You could simply just put the current 10.x version in parallel, install the requirements of the current version and then execute all the upgrade_6.3_7.0.sh, upgrade_7.0_7.1.sh, etc. scripts (from the upgrade subfolder) until you reach the current version. Additionally, you need to take the upgrade notes of every intermediate version into consideration (if there are additional manual steps to be taken that are not covered by the scripts). After this, you can directly start up the current server version.

Regarding downloads of older versions:
If you take the download link of the current server (e.g. https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/download.seadrive.org/seafile-server_10.0.1_x86-64.tar.gz) and then remove the file portion, you will get an xml-based folder listing for https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/download.seadrive.org/ - note that this folder contains all downloads, so there is also the sync clients etc. contained. Unfortunately, there are also server versions contained which were beta (e.g. 6.2.0, 6.3.0, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 8.0.0, 8.0.1, 9.0.0, 9.0.1, 10.0.0), but they have no different naming schema that would make this visible.

1 Like

Thanks, it worked perfect!