i’m on pro 69.1 version with OnlyOffice.
Locking a file seems very useful when a online editor is connected to seafile.
When files can be edited directly by other users into the web interface, more errors can occur.
For files that are in a “final” state, it can be dangerous, even if you can get the history.
Then, locking a file can be more secure.
But, locking features has some limitations.
- You cannot lock several files at one time
- You cannot lock a folder
- You can not easily unlock files (only the locking user can, and he does not know all the files he has locked.
Then, here are some improvement ideas :
- ability to lock several files and folder(s)
- ability to access quicly to locked files
For this last feature, you cold add a menu
- Recent Files (that i modified, not only mines)
- Locked Files (only mines)
What do you think of it ?
You could also add these improvement to the local client…