What does this mean: Folder ... is moved to seafile-recycle-bin folder since it contains not-yet uploaded files

My seafile client is suddenly giving hundreds of messages like

Folder … is moved to seafile-recycle-bin folder since it contains not-yet uploaded files

with different folders filled in for …

What does this mean? Why does seafile suddenly move hundreds of folders to the recycle bin?

I am using seafile client 7.0.4 on Windows 10

You can find seafile-recycle-bin folder under Seafile folder that contains libraries. It is because you have some non-uploaded files in one of your local folder, while the folder is deleted by others.

Hi Daniel,

is this behavior documented somewhere? I think the user manual would be a good place.

It will be documented later.

1 Like

if the files ore not in there, is any other folder to look at? a saw a seafile-data folder hidden, could be on it?

Hi
Can someone tell me where this folder actually is?

I have all my Libraries synced to user/seafile folder but I can’t see “seafile-recycle-bin” folder in there.

Neither in .seafile-data

Thanks a lot in advance,

Chris

It should be under the C:\users\username\Seafile folder.

Thank Jonathan

It’s called “recycle-bin”, I looked for seafile-recycle-bin, which is why I didn’t find it.

I would need to understand how this folder is used. It’s pretty full with data and I am not sure if I should do something with it?

This folder contains files that were removed from the server while they have not-yet-uploaded changes. You should check the contents of the files in that folder and restore them to proper locations.