Where can I download Seafile Terminal Client .tar.gz?

Hi,

I can’t find any recent version of Seafile Terminal Client .tar.gz.

AFAIK, there is no CentOS 6 repo that offer Seafile CLI

Where can I download it ?

Thx

Ok it seems 4.3.2 is the last version of seaf-cli. I thought there was a 6.0 version and couldn’t find it.

https://forum.seafile.de/t/is-the-seaf-cli-terminal-client-dead/5731

Hiya,

I was looking for the same thing and found this: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pkerling/seafile/

How is the version 4.3.2 from the .de forums running for you?

Hi,

Yep, I’ve been using the Seafile Terminal Client 4.3.2 for quite a while now. I’m running Seafile Server 5.0.5 and it’s working fine. My desktop clients are running CentOS 6 or CentOS 7 though. If you are on Fedora, Seafile should be available from the official repo.

Out of curiosity, do you sync your libraries with some remote folders (like NAS shares, etc)?

Well, it’s 65 desktops scattered on a area big like the Netherlands, each one of them using their own DSL connection. I’ve been using it for 3 years now. Seafile is prob the best of its kind on Linux.

The only issue is they only support the latest version of CentOS. So while a typical version of CentOS is supported 10 years, they will support it 3 or 4 years. There seems to be a similar issue with Debian (i.e. dropping support of stable versions). Ubuntu is prob the only fully supported distro.

Another drawback : it’s not clear if they will still support the cli version. This one is kind of old and they don’t promote it on their main download page (but kind of awkwardly, only on the .de)

65 desktops, dang. thats for a business?
Agreed, I am still not sure what version of CLI I am using as there is no clear answer WHAT to use.
It took a bit of tinkering but I think I got Seafile working the way I like it. I remember using Ownclound in the past and so far I prefer Seafile.
Unfortunately, these forums are quite crickety in comparison to other projects I use. For the amount of positive feedback seafile gets, i expected it to be busier. That said, I am truly grateful for what it is!

Yep. Farmers :slight_smile: We can organize/backup their files and update some documentation remotely. I also use it on my personal server as a Dropbox replacement.

I think it’s more reliable and faster than Owncloud (but maybe it improved since i tested it 3 years ago).

You are right about the forum :smile: But you can use the seafile.de cli version it’s fine.