HOW TO: Deploy OnlyOffice in Seafile servers subdomain subfolder - CE 6.1+

I’ve upgraded to seafile CE 6.1.1 today, and installed OnlyOffice using the subfolder way and your documentation.
Great job, everything working.
In fact I found just a small error in tne nginx conf:
client_max_body_size 100M; # Limit Document size to 100MB

1 Like

nginx doesn’t show any error here.
If it’s an error I’m gonna correct it, ty.

Can you insert image from file in a document ? (that was the problem)

It works fine and it does seem to have a auto-save function, as I just closed the browser tab and the changes where visible.

May be not the same nginx version (1.10.2-1.el7 for me):

with
client_max_body_size 100; # Limit Document size to 100MB

no image include possible and this in nginx log :

2017/06/25 11:00:35 [emerg] 27325#0: "client_max_body_size" directive invalid value in /etc/nginx/conf.d/seafile.conf:79
2017/06/25 11:22:45 [error] 28856#0: *1222 client intended to send too large body: 162573 bytes, client: 193.49.104.18, server: seafile.lirmm.fr, request: "POST /onlyofficeds/2017-06-09-10-21/upload/2c5460e5737727818537/uid-1498382505364/6 HTTP/1.1", host: "seafile.lirmm.fr", referrer: "https://seafile.lirmm.fr/onlyofficeds/2017-06-09-10-21/web-apps/apps/documenteditor/main/index.html?_dc=2017-06-09-10-21&lang=fr&customer=ONLYOFFICE&frameEditorId=placeholder"

I changed it to include M, this might have been missing.

I changed it in the manual, but the Seafile team has not yet merged my pull request.
@daniel.pan @shoeper Please merge my pull request so we can correct mistakes. Thx

I cannot merge PRs :wink:

I know, but you can write recommendations that might speed things up :dark_sunglasses:

Added the apache config I put together based on the OnlyOffice documentation.
I did not test it, someone please check it !

I would test for you, but I decided to convert my Apache install to NginX, I was impatient waiting for Apache directions for OnlyOffice.
I must say I really didn’t want to make the move because NginX configs always look confusing to me. But once I jumped in, NginX configs are pretty easy. Except when you miss type a few things. :smirk:

1 Like

Nginx is pretty easy and straigt forward. Still some people like apache more. The documenation will have nginx as best practise, but apache as “optional” choice. As said it requires some redesign.

a dumb question…

how do you update/upgrade the docker image of onlyoffice?

I don’t really care about it. I just restart the docker image every night to clean out cache and swap. Saves memory and speed on small document servers if not heavily used.

Hi,

I got OnlyOffice to run following the instructions from the Seafile manual at https://manual.seafile.com/deploy/only_office.html on a fresh 6.1.2 CE. Works fine, only caveat is, OnlyOffice is only used as viewer, at least with the supplied seafile-tutorial.doc.
Is being only a viewer intended or is there a way for CE to use OnlyOffice as editor?

Regards

There must be something wrong then. We can edit docs, definitely an editor.

OK, good to know.

Now… what could possibly be wrong?

You can define in seahub_settings.py what filetypes should be read only and which one can be edited:

ONLYOFFICE_FILE_EXTENSION = ('doc', 'docx', 'ppt', 'pptx', 'xls', 'xlsx', 'odt', 'fodt', 'odp', 'fodp', 'ods', 'fods')
ONLYOFFICE_EDIT_FILE_EXTENSION = ('docx', 'pptx', 'xlsx')

ONLYOFFICE_FILE_EXTENSION = read only
ONLYOFFICE_EDIT_FILE_EXTENSION = editable

But be careful some (or all?) filetypes (like .ods) will be converted into XML-format, and it’s therefore not recommended to allow editing for LibreOffice files (see Onlyoffice corrupts .odt)

Thank you! It works.

Next problem is now that it is not possible to save but this might be some Seafile misconfiguration.

My problem with saving onlyoffice changes to seafile was in VERIFY_ONLYOFFICE_CERTIFICATE option.
This option not work in my configuration.

My workaround:
seahub/seahub/onlyoffice/views.py
69: requests.post(update_url, files=files, verify=False)

Users then will have to confirm self signed/invalid certs every time they open a doc.
At least that is what the logic of the documentation says.