Seafile PRO on HyperV within ubuntu - Files sharing/mounting/sync

We are running a ms exchange server as host system and for several reasons we need the seafile pro features, so we had to run a virtualization for seafile under HyperV with ubuntu as guest.

Here in the forum i found an AD question and a second post with SMB mount and rsync proposal.

• we do not want to sync, but a solution to work on the same filebase: from Windows and from Seafile
    (our reasons are big CAD files and a better workflow)

Any idea how we can succeed here?

I’m not sure to understand. Do you need to share files from windows Share (CIFS) and use the same data on Seafile server ? The file structure are totally different between CIFS and Seafile.

Yes this would be the ideal situation / solution. I have a lot of windows software to interact with and seafile should treat several subfolders for e.g. Versioning, Collaboration and Websharing. (Also kind of a firewall or single point of Webaccess)
In my data concept, there are many big CAD files in some cases and thus I wanted to skip a duplication through sync with this solution.
Do you think the sync solution is the only way to go? I am no power admin for window ;-(

Would it be possible to to use an extra library with a CIFS share?

Take a look here, you can sync from seafile to CIFS with a client ort the windows server itself (wich is more risky as you have to look at the sync process) :

In this case, you can try the Seafile drive client.

1 Like

I see there is a chance of finally implementing the intended sync strategy. Thanks for pointing me out - I was stuck with settings on the server side.

Ok. I will test this additionally to the solution with the drive client. I definitely need a new filing strategy!

Additional Usage scenarios for Windows Workflow with the Drive client

Drive client (still in beta) can be used in two ways:

1. The local users use the drive client to work on CAD files directly. It can replace the Windows share.
  2. The windows resource planning software directly save files to the drive client.

I will change my storage strategy for our workflow! Thank you so far.