Seafile Server 6.1.2 for Raspberry Pi is ready! 22.08.2017

You can get it from the Seafile download section.

:pushpin: Please remember:

• Don’t forget to stop Seafile Server before the upgrade (i.e: service seafile-server stop or, another example: service seahub stop && service seafile stop)
  • Don’t forget to change the directory rights of Seafile after unpacking it (i.e: chown -R seafile:nogroup seafile-server-6.1.2 or, another example: sudo chown -R seafile:seafile seafile-server-6.1.2 )
  • Don’t forget to apply the upgrade script/s according your start release && with the properly user which in normal case should be seafile (i.e change to seafile user: su seafile -s /bin/bash or, another example: sudo su seafile)

Please install pyhton-requests module dependence and update Pillow to 4.1.1;

• To install python-requests:

apt-get install python-requests

• To check Pillow version:

pip list --format=columns | grep -i pillow

• upgrade Pillow until last version:

pip install --upgrade Pillow

• Some users need to install libjpeg-dev as well:

apt-get install libjpeg-dev

Important: Please check maybe this issue in the Seafile Forum for further unexpected behaviours and suggested troubleshooting

Once again, thanks to the developers and Seafile Community

have fun :blush:

5 Likes

Thx again for building :+1:
But i found one thing: Seahub is running fine, but no pidfile for seahub, others (seafile-server,seafdac,ccnet) are present.
Bug or feature ? :rolling_eyes:

Not a big thing, but i monitor seafile services with monit, using pidfile…

Ah, sorry…i got it, its in /root/seafile-server-latest/runtime dir now, as with last version, too, but i didn’t see that before :wink:

yes, you are right! I found it there as well - and not in the pids directory placed under seafile directory:

root@hiperborea /home/seafile/seafile-server-latest/runtime # ll
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 seafile seafile 338 Aug 19 10:40 seahub.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 seafile nogroup   0 Aug 19 18:31 error.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 seafile nogroup   0 Aug 19 18:31 access.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 seafile nogroup   6 Aug 19 18:59 seahub.pid

Its defined in the seahub.sh script, should not be hard to change that, or am i wrong?

Like a WA I guess no, but for a persistent solution should be scalated to developers or send a pull request.

This should work:

#pidfile=${INSTALLPATH}/runtime/seahub.pid
pidfile=${TOPDIR}/pids/seahub.pid

Quick questions here
Is the pip & pillow stuff necessary for CollaboraOffice/OnlyOffice or and Thumbnails? And is the description usable for the pi, too?

I found a few solution to get pip installed. Which one is necessary? I have so many python versions which one i have to use :smiley:

Thanks

@jobenvil Thank you very much for listing all the nitty gritty details you have to keep in mind when upgrading seafile on Raspi :clap:

1 Like

I got everything up2date, so far.

But I had a lot of trouble to get the pillow updated.
I had to install:
sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev && sudo apt-get install python-dev
as well.

I’ll try the thumbnail options later. And i’ll give LibreOffice Online a shot as well. Someone has it already running on his pi? Or OnlyOffice?

Ah! And i can’t use this
pip list --format=columns | grep -i pillow
no such option: --format

I have to use this:
pip list -format=columns | grep -i pillow

Not a big thing but maybe someone wan’t to know it.

So, but i have some problems with my library’s. They doesn’t show up. They are still there. Can find it under admin settings and libray’s and they are still for the accounts but they just don’t show up

First what i can find in the controller.log is:
pid file /home/seafile/pids/seafdav.pid does not exist
So i had this before the update, too.
May that’s the reason i haven’t anything in the seafav.log? Seafdav is running great (before the update)!

Seafile.log seems to be good.

Django…log
File "/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.1.1/seafile/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ccnet/client.py", line 113, in connect_daemon_with_pipe raise NetworkError("Can't connect to daemon") NetworkError: Can't connect to daemon
But that was this morning when i did something :wink: But that’s the last line of the log. It has to be more or not?

Okidoki
Seahub.log has some trouble.
2017-08-29 17:59:08,634 [ERROR] seahub.api2.endpoints.admin.sysinfo:113 get 'SeafileAPI' object has no attribute 'get_total_file_number' 2017-08-29 17:59:08,637 [ERROR] seahub.api2.endpoints.admin.sysinfo:120 get 'SeafileAPI' object has no attribute 'get_total_storage'

Maybe a messed a little bit up with all the pip and pillow stuff :unamused:

Edit:
I did a “Maintenance version upgrade” 6.1.1 to 6.1.2

Hi,

i restored an image from 26.8.17. It’s a little sad because i lost some files which was (is?) actually on my external hard drive but well it is what it is. If someone know how can i get this back would be great to get some hints about it.

I’m on distro on my pi which called minibian. It seems to be that some package are missing. Even after a new setup of seafile from 6.1.1.

Here are my missing packages to get pillow updated, ffmpeg and moviepy.
#####check
sudo apt-get install libjpeg-dev
sudo apt-get install python-requests
#####Check

sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org jessie main non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/deb-multimedia.list'
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb-src http://www.deb-multimedia.org jessie main non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/deb-multimedia.list'
sudo gpg --keyserver pgpkeys.mit.edu --recv-key 5C808C2B65558117
sudo gpg -a --export 5C808C2B65558117 | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev && sudo apt-get install python-dev
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
sudo apt-get install python-pip
sudo pip install pillow moviepy
Sudo pip install --upgrade Pillow

My pip list
argparse (1.2.1)
chardet (2.3.0)
colorama (0.3.2)
decorator (4.0.11)
dnspython (1.12.0)
html5lib (0.999)
imageio (2.1.2)
moviepy (0.2.3.2)
MySQL-python (1.2.3)
ndg-httpsclient (0.3.2)
numpy (1.13.1)
olefile (0.44)
Pillow (4.2.1)
pip (1.5.6)
pyasn1 (0.1.7)
pycrypto (2.6.1)
pyinotify (0.9.4)
pyOpenSSL (0.13.1)
python-ldap (2.4.10)
requests (2.4.3)
setuptools (5.5.1)
six (1.8.0)
tqdm (4.11.2)
urllib3 (1.9.1)
wheel (0.24.0)
wsgiref (0.1.2)
If I have forgotten something pls let me know.

Hope it’s helpful for someone.

I’m on 6.1.2 now. As far as I can say … with no problems. Next shot will be the office stuff things.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Like

If you are succesfull with office let us know, please. Can you specify wihich HW has your Raspberry Pi? Modell/Version?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

i checked the internet a little about the office stuff on a pi which isn’t really recommended.
I’m using a pi 2 & 3 but all my server are on the pi 2 which make it more difficult, i guess. The pi 3 is only for testing some stuff. I had some trouble to get seafile running without any problems. But this was because i tried too much on a pi 2.

Actually i gave it a shot with docker and onlyoffice etc. about 2 month ago but it failed.

Anyway, if i try this on a pi 3 i’ll let you know.