Seafile Server 7.0.4 for Raspberry Pi is ready! 27.07.2019

You can get it from the Seafile download section.

We warmly recommend you first, before to proceed with the update, to take a view to the Seafile ChangeLog, because the requirements had changed considerably in the last releases :nerd_face:

:pushpin: Please remember:

• Don’t forget to stop Seafile Server before the upgrade (i.e: service seafile-server stop or, another example: service seahub stop && service seafile stop)
  • Don’t forget to change the directory rights of Seafile after unpacking it (i.e: chown -R seafile:nogroup seafile-server-7.0.4 or, another example: sudo chown -R seafile:seafile seafile-server-7.0.4 )
  • Don’t forget to apply the upgrade script/s according your start release && with the properly user which in normal case should be seafile (i.e change to seafile user: su seafile -s /bin/bash or, another example: sudo su seafile)

During execution of the upgrade script (upgrade_6.3_7.0.sh) you will get some warnings. Check that these are the same like here. That’s for CE Version OK.

In case you don’t have the certifi and ìdna python packages installed. You will need to install it.

pip install certifi idna

Link to the official announcement in forum. Could be a help regarding known errors in x64 version.

Once again, thanks to the developers and Seafile Community.

have fun :blush:

3 Likes

I just successfully upgraded to 7.0.4. Left a short note about the naming scheme in the repo though, which would be useful for automated upgrades.

Nevertheless: Good work, thanks a lot. :+1:

@Bernie_O will be amended this evening.
… done

1 Like

Great! Thanks a lot!