Seafile Server 8.0.0 BETA Feedback

I just did a quick test on Debian Stable (Buster), but Seahub didn’t come up:

django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: mysqlclient 1.3.13 or newer is required; you have 1.3.10.

Django 2.2 requires python3-mysqldb => 1.3.13, but this package is 1.3.10 on stable.
There are Buster Backports for Django 2.2, so I guess, this can be fixed somehow.

I just dirty disabled the version check. Seems to work without errors so far.

What is not working:

Insert library image in the editor does nothing when you click it. In 7.1 this was working fine, so I guess this is a regression bug.

Thanks. We will look into the issue.

1 Like

hi I’m starting to get lost … are you talking about the client or the server part?g

Well, the thread title says it all. :wink:

Otherwise see here Seafile sync client 8.0.0 (beta) is released!

1 Like

Hi @daniel.pan,
Is there a reason the 8.0.0 (beta) server is not yet announced?

BR, Leo

We find open cloud mesh feature is not ready to test yet and the upgrade script is missing. Once obvious bugs are fixed, we will announce the new version.

1 Like

The Seahub manage script is lo longer working:

./seahub.sh python-env python seahub/manage.py

leads to

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "seahub/manage.py", line 8, in <module>
    from django.core.management import execute_from_command_line
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-8.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from django.utils.version import get_version
  File "/opt/seafile/seafile-server-8.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/django/utils/version.py", line 71, in <module>
    @functools.lru_cache()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'lru_cache'
Done.

Unfortunately not fixed in 8.0.2.

If anyone falls for that, you have to change the default python version on your system from 2.x to 3.x or call the script manually with python 3.

In upgrade SQL directory for 8.0.0. there are a “seafevents.sql” but i don’t have a table “seafevents” or similar. In upgrade directory for 6.3.0 are the same file. So is it needed or whats going on with this table? How can i setup this table?

The sql statements in seafevents.sql are for professional edition. You can ignore it.

allright… but in the db_update_helper.py

def update_db(self):
ccnet_sql = os.path.join(self.sql_dir, ‘ccnet.sql’)
seafile_sql = os.path.join(self.sql_dir, ‘seafile.sql’)
seahub_sql = os.path.join(self.sql_dir, ‘seahub.sql’)
seafevents_sql = os.path.join(self.sql_dir, ‘seafevents.sql’)

if os.path.exists(seafevents_sql):
        self.update_seafevents_sql(seafevents_sql)

this produce errors if the seafevents.sql exists in de upgrade sql dir because the table not exist.

I’m running Seafile in version 7 on Debian Buster. Has the problem with python3-mysqldb in Buster’s repositries been fixed with Version 8.0.2?

I’m still hesitating to do an upgrade from 7.1.5.

No it is not. Just tried an upgrade from 7.1 on Ubuntu 18.04.
Besides that I first needed to pip3 install mysql-python

I have tried it with Debian Buster by now. It has worked for me.

I solved the issue

django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: mysqlclient 1.3.13 or newer is required ...

on Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
by manually updating
pip3 install -U mysqlclient

I hope this helps others.

What is the behavior of the libraries sharing between two seafile servers using the open cloud mesh protocol: Is the shared library synchronized to both servers?

That could be a good solution for EU-China collaboration.

Hello. As I understand you are the developer of this program. I have a question about making changes to the design of the project. I have often seen that you can make your own adjustments to the design for greater ease of use. How exactly can I do this?