SeafileDocs is a special edition of Seafile with extra features like Wikis, online documents and real-time notifications.
Download and deploy
For CE edition, to use SeafileDocs, you have to use SeafileDocs Docker image (or migrate to SeafileDocs Docker image if you already using Seafile community edition). It has the following difference from the standard edition:
- An extra file activity page
- The history information of Markdown files, Office files will be recorded in database for fast access.
- Only support MySQL as database
- Only distributed using Docker images
- Wiki module is enabled by default
For Pro edition, you need to install an extra module.
Download and try
You can follow this document to install SeafileDocs with Docker easily: https://docs.seafile.com/wikis/seafiledocs-admin-manual-en/home.md
- Online Markdown editing
- A draft review workflow for online documents
- Metadata management, including
- File labels
- Related documents
- Wiki mode
- Realtime notifications
Online Markdown editing
SeafileDocs support Markdown editing in WYSIWYG way. It also supports the following extra features:
- Table editing
- Add images by drag and drop or copy/paste.
- Image resizing
- Link to other files
- If you create a sharing link for a Markdown file, internal images in the file can also be viewed via the sharing link. So you don’t need to create special public images.
Draft and review
You can create a draft from an exiting file or create a new draft file from scratch. After done editing, you can create a review and send the link to other people. Others can view file diffs in the review page and put comments on the file.
Library information bar
A library information bar is displayed at the top of the library page. It highlights tags, readme file, drafts and reviews of the library.
- You can get an overview of how many people viewing editing a file.
- If a file is being edited by another user, you will receive an update notification.
Wiki Mode and Public Wiki
You can now view every library in Wiki mode. This provides an easy way to navigate among files.
You can also create a public Wiki that anyone can access.