I am sorry I would like to help you but may I ask you first for some more information? Can you please check the following, then I will most likely be capable to say what the problem is:
Here are my questions:
- ubuntu 18.04 + java 8. How much ram did your machine has?
- how did you start seafile? Did you start it with systemd or with seafile.sh start and seahub.sh start? If it is systemd please post your seafile.service
- please post netstat -tulpn. Are there entries with the port 9200 and 9300?
- here is what should happen. Please confirm what happens and what not:
- you start seafile
- after some seconds a elasticsearch.pid file is created in seafile-dir/pids
- watch the pid number inside this file. Is this pid always the same or does it change after a while?
- what is posted in seafile-dir/logs/elasticsearch.log. Can you see something like that? What happens after the initializing? Does some errors occur or does it end with
[2019-11-11T06:37:50,537][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ]  initializing ...
... what happens here ...
[2019-11-11T08:31:54,454][INFO ][o.e.g.GatewayService ] [qToqAXT] recovered  indices into cluster_state
[2019-11-11T08:31:57,046][INFO ][o.e.c.r.a.AllocationService] [qToqAXT] Cluster health status changed from [RED] to [YELLOW] (reason: [shards started [[repo_head]] ...]).
- please check ps aux | grep java. Is there only one java process or are the two or more? It should look like
root@seafile-demo:/home/seafile/logs# ps aux | grep java seafile 1626 1.3 37.1 3201428 760380 ? Sl 08:31 0:30 /usr/bin/java -Xms512m -Xmx1g -XX:-AssumeMP -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -server -Xss1m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djna.nosys=true -Djdk.io.permissionsUseCanonicalPath=true -Dio.netty.noUnsafe=true -Dio.netty.noKeySetOptimization=true -Dio.netty.recycler.maxCapacityPerThread=0 -Dlog4j.shutdownHookEnabled=false -Dlog4j2.disable.jmx=true -Dlog4j.skipJansi=true -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Des.path.home=/home/seafile/seafile-pro-server-7.0.10/pro/elasticsearch -cp /home/seafile/seafile-pro-server-7.0.10/pro/elasticsearch/lib/* org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch -Epath.logs=/home/seafile/logs -Epath.data=/home/seafile/pro-data/search/data -Enetwork.host=127.0.0.1 -p /home/seafile/pids/elasticsearch.pid root 3921 0.0 0.0 15792 936 pts/0 S+ 09:10 0:00 grep --color=auto java
If you could answer me these questions I am quite sure I will be capable to tell you where the problem is.