Seafile server 7.0 is ready! (Including the CE and PRO edition)

Our development environment also use sub-domain. We have no problem with avatar. Have you tried to clean Seahub cache?

The problem that Iā€™m facing is that the url has the /seafile/ in between and therefore Iā€™m getting a 404 Server Error (not found):

https://hiperborea.noip.me/seafile/seafmedia/avatars/f/1/2278a8042266053fc3e798fb5e2f40/resized/72/1fb9e7bb2be3e0fa49a3655ef7fdbac3_o8NwnS5.png

and it should be:

https://hiperborea.noip.me/seafmedia/avatars/f/1/2278a8042266053fc3e798fb5e2f40/resized/72/1fb9e7bb2be3e0fa49a3655ef7fdbac3_o8NwnS5.png

The others pictures, seafile-logo, icons, are still served from /seafmedia/

Hi,

Letā€™s solve one problem first. The URL prefix of avatar at the top is determined by the SERVICE_URL

What the value of your current SERVICE_URL?

Using 7.0.3 CE Version (compiled to raspberry pi)

FILE_SERVER_ROOT = 'https://xxxxx.xxxx.xx/seafhttp'
SERVE_STATIC = False
MEDIA_URL = '/seafmedia/'
COMPRESS_URL = MEDIA_URL
STATIC_URL = MEDIA_URL + 'assets/'
SITE_ROOT = '/seafile/'
# Since version 5.0.4 we need to define this as well:
LOGIN_URL = '/seafile/accounts/login/'

admin%20panel
The config was not changed. Seahub cache (in my case memcached) was empty. I tried deactivating memcached as well, and flushing seahub_cache.

root@hiperborea /home/seafile/logs # tail -f seahub.log
2019-07-16 19:13:24,725 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /seafile/seafmedia/avatars/f/1/2278a8042266053fc3e798fb5e2f40/resized/72/1fb9e7bb2be3e0fa49a3655ef7fdbac3_o8NwnS5.png
2019-07-16 19:13:24,727 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /seafile/seafmedia/avatars/f/1/2278a8042266053fc3e798fb5e2f40/resized/64/1fb9e7bb2be3e0fa49a3655ef7fdbac3_o8NwnS5.png

Hi

Is it true that sharing a folder (generic share) can not be writable in the CE version?

thanks
Manu

This are screenshots from the Seafile demo system, which is Seafile PE. But you can do just the same in CE.

I see.
I thought the upper share link example was to get a rw edition too.

1 Like

That would indeed be good for coloberative editing

The feature request has been out there for quite a whileā€¦ but there are also reserverations.
I, personally, am lukewarm about the combo link (up- and download). I think sensible use cases are rare. In any case, it can be emulated by two separate up- and download links.

What do you meen by ā€œit can be emulated by two separate up- and download linksā€? In the pro version, if you enable write on share links, you can use onlyoffice with non existent seafile users via sharelink which is very convenient. You cannot emulate this by adding a different upload share link.

First off, I am talking share links for folders, because that is what @maweber inquired.

You seem to focus on file share links. Thatā€™s not what I was talking about.

Second, what I mean is very simple: You can create an upload and a download link for one and the same folder (or library for that matter). As a consequence, you can upload into and download from one and the same folder/library. Other sync & share solutions offer a combined / combo link feature for that purpose - which is more convenient. Does the convenience aspect make it a high-priority development? I donā€™t think so and that is why is it a nice to have at best.

If its a file or folder does not matter for that case since its both possible on pro and neither on CE (in one link) so my statement still applies.

And since the feature is allready in pro it should be simple C&P into CE with quite zero effort.

The Share to User Menu has a little bug.
The list doesnā€™t show existing Users that a folder is shared to. Adding a user share works without problem, but the displaying dosnā€™t.

@daniel.pan Deleting /tmp/seahub_cache/ after upgrading to 7.0.4 fixed the avatar issue

1 Like

Hey, I had the same problem, it is a bug.

The icon does not show when you change the url of the media folder (e.g. seafile server is at a non-root domain).

You can fix it by changing one line in the files
app.js and app.xxxxxxxx.js
in the directory
seafile-server-latest/seahub/media/assets/frontend/js.

Replace the string
f.siteRoot+"media/
with
f.mediaUrl+".

I hope the issue will be fixed in the new version!

Regards,
Wonderwhy