Seafile Server 6.1.1 for Raspberry Pi is ready! 22.06.2017

You can get it from the Seafile download section.

:pushpin: Please remember:

• Don’t forget to stop Seafile Server before the upgrade (i.e: service seafile-server stop or, another example: service seahub stop && service seafile stop)
  • Don’t forget to change the directory rights of Seafile after unpacking it (i.e: chown -R seafile:nogroup seafile-server-6.1.1 or, another example: sudo chown -R seafile:seafile seafile-server-6.1.1 )
  • Don’t forget to apply the upgrade script/s according your start release && with the properly user which in normal case should be seafile (i.e change to seafile user: su - seafile -s /bin/bash or, another example: sudo su seafile)

Important Edit (29.07.2017): Please install pyhton-requests module dependence and update Pillow to 4.1.1;

• To install python-requests:

apt-get install python-requests

• To check Pillow version:

pip list --format=columns | grep -i pillow

• upgrade Pillow until last version:

pip install --upgrade Pillow

• Some users need to install libjpeg-dev as well:

apt-get install libjpeg-dev

Important: Please check maybe this issue in the Seafile Forum for further unexpected behaviours and suggested troubleshooting

Once again, thanks to the developers and Seafile Community

have fun :blush:

6 Likes

Thx again for building this :+1:
Will be cool if you found time and could share your steps for building (in short), i tried it but evrytime i do there are some errors or it didnt produce right versions (for this i got seahub 6.1.1, but other components are 6.0.1), even the packaging script didnt work with that…btw., i followed wiki instructions…

1 Like

Thanks! Upgrade worked perfectly.

4 posts were split to a new topic: BananaPI auf Seafile 6.1.1 aktualisieren

@jobenvil could we recommend users to also backup their database before upgrading? This allows easy restore in cases where something goes wrong during the upgrade.

sure @shoeper ! I will add your suggestion in next announcement. Do you have some idea what kind of recommendation or link to attach to the suggestion? Do we have a official backup, to point out, as well?
You can send me your suggestions by PN, if you like.

Even better, why not let the upgrade script backup the database?

I agree, this is a good idea. I’m not hundred percent sure if there are cases where that is not wanted. Possibly there could be a switch to disable the backup or it could be one to enable the “feature” but I’ve got the impression that those needing it most would miss the option.

@daniel.pan what do you think?

1 Like

If that is wanted, this could possibly implemented by the community as well. We are only talking about databases, not data, are we? That should be an easy approach like:

Creating script backup.sh

• should stop seahub and seafile services if sqlite is used
  • backups the databases depending on the used database, the seafile doc already mentions how to backup them
  • should let the user pass an argument for the desired path, e.g. ./backup.sh -d /tmp/seafilebackup

Change the update scripts

• let the user decide whether he wants a backup before upgrade or not by using arguments, like ./upgradeXXXXX.sh -b
  • for the backup case the upgrade.sh script has to be called, maybe with a default argument for the backup output

After that the docs could be changed to mention the -b option for backuping before upgrading.

2 Likes

That’s basically how it works. The passwords would have to be read from the Seafile configs (I think there are three different configs with different credentials).

automysqlbackup works fine for me and is very easy to set up.

1 Like